Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQVI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a risk of giving users access to SQVI in production. If so, what are they?

5 REPLIES 5

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Is there a risk of giving users access to SQVI in production. If so, what are they?

1- performance, there's no way an enduser will know what the penalty on querying big tables can be (or which are the big tables).

2- security. Table security is a lot less granular than application security in most cases.

3- data misinterpretation. Endusers may well guess which tables contain valid data.

And I'm afraid that's just the tip of the iceberg. A better approach will be to see which queries are needed and whether SAP query can do the job or a report needs to be programmed. In both cases these would be linked to transactions and granted to the relevant users via these transactions.

SQVI is little more than a quick and dirty prototyping tool in my opinion. Prototyping isn't done on production systems.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Vikas,

Risk is always associated with each transaction which are giving in production systems .But if we will not give any tcode to any user ,How we will work !!!:-)

I am totally aware of that.....Obviously you will not have a job if we were allowed to give every transaction in production, right. Thank your lucky stars that there is such thing as Security because you have a JOB.......LOL

0 Kudos

Daisy,

Nothing to react over there....I just tried to solve your query ..

Anyway ..Sorry ,not able to response your query in correct way .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Jurgen Heeck.