cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM DB2 version 9.5 compatibility with Oracle 10 G in the same landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have ERP 6.0/ NW 7.0 SR3 Oracle 10g for windows server 2003(x64 bit)---ABAP+ JAVA installed on DEV systems.

However we intend to install

ERP 6.0/ NW 7.0 SR3 DB2 9.5 windows server 2008(x64 bit).(for ECC,XI,BI installation)---ABAP+ JAVA

on QA and PRD systems.

Can you please let me know urgently if there will be any potential issues in installation or post installation of QA server? Also I have to install QA today, so can I still select same transport domain as for DEV on oracle?

please provide ur input.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The SAP application(s) is/are agnostic of the underlying OS and database. You can transport nicely between different systems.

However, I can just highly recommend not to install double stack instances.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

And I will ad that it seems to me a very bad idea to use a different database for the developpment system and the production system.

Some issues do come from the database. How will you solve these problems if you cannot reproduce the production problems on the DEV system ?

It is possible but in my opinion very risky...

Regards,

Olivier

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

But why do you want to go for different DB for DEV & QA/PRD? any particular reason..?

Transports shouldn't be a problem as datafile and cofile are created OS & Independent.

Regards,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your answers.

We are not sure abt the reason for such strategy. Your input abt reproducing fault in DEV is right. But its too late. ECC QA on Db2 9.5 is up now.

Hope everything shud be fine, else another thread.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as i know, the table structure in different Databases is different. So as far as installation is considered its fine.

But later when u go for system refresh using DB method, or during some other conditions, u may face the problem.

Please verify once before u go for installation with different DB in same landscape.

Regards,

Ravi