Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon groups not visible/usable

former_member182046
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm experiencing problems with using logon groups for load-balancing connections to my NSP 7.01.

Ultimately I want to create a JCo Connection from my CE 7.1.1 to the ABAP system and CE forces me to use a load-balancing connection using a message server and a logon group. But in order to test the proper configuration of my ABAP system, I'm simplifying the scenario but just attempting to log on to the system via Sapgui with load balancing.

Here's my setup:

• It's a local scenario where both Sapgui and the AS ABAP reside on the same server.

• The system has SID NSP and SysNr 02.

• The proper services (sapmsNSP 3602/tcp plus sapdp02, sapgw02) and hosts entries are present on the server.

• Everything else works fine

• The instance knows itself as tron7661_NSP_02 (I had to correct some errors in the standard installation

• Profile file NSP_DVEBMGS02_TRON7661 contains: rdisp/enqname = tron7661_NSP_02, rdisp/myname = tron7661_NSP_02

• In transaction SMLG, I created a logon group HUGO, assigning instance tron7661_NSP_02 with attribute "Ext. RFC enabled" = true and everything else left blank.

When I press the "Test" button, I get message "Internal error (SIMULATION:INACTIVE_SERVER)" (Message no. RZ783). I can confirm and save anyway. A green LED is displayed in the "Status" column for my logon group.

After restarting the server, I would expect the new logon group to be usable when creating a new entry in Saplogon.

In Saplogon, I choose "Create new entry", connection type "Group/Server Selection", and enter the host name of my message server TRON7661.

As a result, a single entry "tron7661 (tron7661_NSP_02, DIA UPD ENQ BTC SPO ICM)" appears in the field "Group/Server".

This entry represents not a logon group, but a single application server.

(When I try this for other SAP systems and message servers in my landscape, I always get the logon groups configured for this systems plus an entry for the application server.)

Do you have any idea what might be wrong here?

Thank you and best regards,

Thorsten

P.S.: I have found and reviewed thread /message/208613#208613 [original link is broken] but found nothing helpful in it.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check this weblog by Thomas Jung

[AS ABAP Sneak Preview Lessons: Logon Groups|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3117] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

particularly the last two paragraphs.

Regards

Raja

former_member182046
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thank you very much! -- Thomas' blog solved my problem. It was in fact just a matter of running the report that makes the configured logon group usable.

Best regards,

Thorsten

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i had the exact same problem couple of years back and without Thomas's blog would have spent a lot of time searching/finding for a solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, can you give me link to Thomas' blog, please? I have same problem with logon groups on NW7.3 and your post is empty .

Thank you,

Tomas

Answers (0)