Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP_ALL Display

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Regarding our system version (CRM 5.0 & BI 7.0), is there any standard role/profile like SAP_ALL profile but with DISPLAY authorizaton only ?

Best regards,

GPO

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't say for sure about your version. We are running 4.7 and there is no such role. I created one by creating the role in our standard namespace, then going to the authorizations menu. Choose Edit ---> Insert Authorizations ---> From Profile. Type in SAP_ALL. It is a lot of work but then I went in and manually adjusted activities to Display, Display Changes, etc.

It is no easy task. It is lots easier to create a custom role only containing authorizations for user to perform necessary functions related to job function.

Michael

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you went through the Security Guides of these areas? I hope SAP has answered all these in their respective Security Guides.

Please go though the relevant security guide in below link:

http://service.sap.com/securityguide

Regards,

Dipanjan

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear GPO,

Welcome to SDN group.

> Regarding our system version (CRM 5.0 & BI 7.0), is there any standard role/profile like SAP_ALL profile but with DISPLAY authorizaton only ?

This is very common question in sdn. You search by SAP_ALL...& i am sure that you will get several valuable information.

Regards,

Rafikul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is no standard role for SAP_All with display authorization only , you need it to create it by your own , secondly SAP_all Profile should not be given to any one except the super user,. The authorizations must be given to the concern according to the job requiements or work which has been carried out by the concern.

regards

Mysterious

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

A another way to make sap_all display is to create a role import sap_all profile in that role and make all the activities in display (03). really pain.. try this download the same role open it with notepad / wordpad find ACTVT 06 and replace it with ACTVT 06 .... now it;s become SAP_ALL_DISP role .....

• I have done this on SND and Training boxes only.

regards,

Mirza

0 Kudos

> A another way to make sap_all display is to create a role import sap_all profile in that role and make all the activities in display (03).

This is an incorrect answer and bad advice!

There are quite a few dangerous activities which do not have/check an ACTVT field.

This subject has been covered several times in this forum and in my opinion the only valid answer is: "you can not".

0 Kudos

> This subject has been covered several times in this forum and in my opinion the only valid answer is: "you can not".

And like all others which have gone before it, it will probably remain in unanswered status forever.