cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NW7.01 ABAP trial version installation on Windows Vista. Error message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I am installing SAPNW7.01 ABAP trial version.. getting following Error nessage ..ANy idea?

The installer is unable to run in graphical mode. Try running the installer with the -console or -silent flag.

I have WINDOWS VISTA with 32bit..I read in document for SAPNW7.01 ABAP trial vesrion, it can be installed on windows vista also..

Any one has any idea? I suspect it is error bcz of Java files..but I am not sure..

Thanks in advance..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member475159
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sanjeeva

Hope you have installed the required JDK version.

After installing JDK, set the following enviornmental variables

JAVA_HOME = "it should be the JDK installation directory"

PATH = "the same jdk directory"

Thanks

Debdeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Debdeep,

Thank u..

I have checked in JAVA.COM, It shows my system has JAVA 6 version.

I don't under stand what you said exactly..How/Where should I make the changes as you said, Can you explain in detail?

how do I change the things which you recommanded???

thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have to right click on 'my Computer' icon and go to 'Properties'. Then, 'Advanced' -> Environment variables

there you have to set JAVA_PATH/JAVA_HOME or PATH variable as per the path of your java installed directory the 'user'.

and append the same java directory string in the variable PATH for the 'system' variable too (PATH for the section 'system' is already set with other program directories contained in it).

Either go via start button or you might be having my computer icon on the desktop.

former_member475159
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeeva,

At first see where java is installed i.e JDK directory, as per as my knowledge it will be in WINDOWS directory like C drive.

For setting environmental variable (i.e JAVA_HOME,PATH), please follow the below link

http://www.astahost.com/info.php/Change-Windows-User-Environment-Variables_t19560.html

Thanks

Debdeep

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you probably need Java 1.4.2.

go get it at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/SAPsite/download.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debdeep,

I tried as you said also..Again the same error..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed j2sdk1.4.2_21 and tried to install sap still the same error..

i updated JAVA_HOME and PATH also..still same error "The installer is unable to run in graphical mode. Try running theinstaller with the -console or -silent flag"

former_member475159
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeeva,

Have you set the enviornmental variable as I mentioned previously.

You can check whether the variables have been set correctly by entering SET command in command prompt.

After setting the variable please restart the WINDOWS once and then check

I hope your problem will resolve then

Thanks

Debdeep