cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event geeting triggered but WI doesnt proceed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

In my workflow , I have have a step which waits for the event 'TRIP.CHANGED' . And when the event is occured next step will be executed .

I have came accross a strange situation wherein the even is getting triggered but the next step is not executed . The workflow is still in the <b>WAIT</b> state .

Previously it was working but now its not working .

What could be the reason ?? Any thoughts ...

Thanks ,

Sonu M.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonu,

You can go to transaction swu0 wherein if you give your business object and the event you can see your particular workflow is linked or not.

If it is linked that means it will show you a green light if not it will give you a red light.

If it has a green light it is linked successfuly if not plz chek the bindings.

Else if this all thing is working you might have done some other changes which hasnt reflected so go to transaction swu_obuf and sycronize it.(it might work)

I had the same problem in my workflow , but i changed that wait for event condition and did some other check,so now it is working.You can also possibly change that condition and check some other condition.

Regards,

Prajakta.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you mentioned in the message that previously I was working but now it is not working.

Did you do any changes and after that it stops working ?

OR some thing else. Please let us know.

Regards

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amandeep & Raja Sekhar ,

I haven't really changed anything that will affect that particular step (Wait for event step ) .

And regarding Raja Sekhar's question , the event is getting triggered . I'm using SWE_EVENT_CREATE FM to trigger that event .

Thanks ,

Sonu M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I tried to create an event with SWUE . The event was created and the workflow proceeded . But when I'm creating an event thru FM (SWE_EVENT_CREATE) , workflow doesnt proceed .

What could be the problem ?? Any suggestion ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonu,

Try putting <b>commit work</b> statement after SWE_EVENT_CREATE function module and check whether the purpose is solved.

Regds,

Akshay

Note: Pls mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry guyz ,

Sorry for bithering you . Mistakenly there was error in the code . The object key was going as '000000000' thats why the event wasnt getting triggered .

But anyways your answers were really helpful ..

Thanks again ,

Sonu M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sonu,

Are you sure that the required Event got triggered. May be you can test the same by switching ON the EVENT TRACE.

Try it and let us know if correct event is triggered.

Regards,

<i><b>Raja Sekhar</b></i>