cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPCM is undefined

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While logging to portal we are getting an error in logon page named "EPCM is Undefined".

Can any one suggest a solution for this..??

Regards,

Vinoth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it happening for all the users or for only one user.

Is it happening only in your system or all systems.

I was facing this problem for my user in my system.

so i cleared the cache system administration-navigation-clear cache

clear the cache from internet options

if it is the same case you can do the same thing

reward points if helpful

mraffel
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you please share your solution?

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Mathias

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have no better solution besides re-installing portal. I know re-installation is not practical in living system. I have problem in my local development box, so I did it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

here is a solution:

It is possible to open the EPCM-dialog without the portal frame.

Open the EPCM-dialog in a SIMILAR portal:

system administration -> system configuration ->

service configuration -> applications ->

com.sap.portal.epcf.loader -> services -> epcfloader

Click with the right mouse button in the parameter screen and copy the displayed URL.

Modify the URL to the portal-URL where you want to change the parameter.

Log on to the affected portal and copy the modified URL into the browser address line.

Now you can change the parameters to the old values, for instance framework.level = 2.

Save it and restart the portal. Ready.

Kind regard

Michael Spee

For example (NW7 SP14):

http://portal.mycompany.com:50000/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.portal.appdesigner.framewor...

0 Kudos

This is the BEST recovery fix I've ever seen.....Required a portal restart as well.

0 Kudos

Thanks Michael Spee your solution saved me a lot of time. Reward poits to Michael Spee solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

u can set EPCM level in portal by following way..goto system admin -> system config ->service config -> apllication -> com.sap.portal.epcf.loader -> open the service for configure....

set "applet archive" on

"applet trace level"=2

"framework level" =2

regards

Amit

PS: reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't use system admin-> system config. It is not working after I reduced the framework level from 2 to 0. The portal site is not working now. Have to go from another route.

Thanks though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalie,

I am facing the sme problem and haven't found a solution yet . can you please tell me whether you have solved the problem.

regards,

ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To solve the issue, do the following,

1. Enter the J2EE Config tool.

2. drill down: alone/services/http

3. on the right hand side, click on NotZippedFile.

4. on the bottom, add at the end: , .js

5. Apply the changes

6. restart the J2EE.

Regards,

Srinivasan T

<b>Helpful answer=>points</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response. I did go into config tool as in your instruction. Since I am using nw2004 with portal 6, so I did not see NotZippedFile, but found NeverCompressed, and *.js was there already.

Any further ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The PAR file corresponding to EPCM would have got corrupted.Remove the PAR. If u have another portal server installed, copy the corresponding PAR file & upload it in the server. I am not sure of the exact name of the PAR. Something like epcf.loader.par.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

M.Subathra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked, the epcf.loader.par is not changed after I change the framework level from 2 to 0. Also, I tried to reload this par from backup. It was not working.

More suggestion?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, how can you change the epcf system function level from 0 to 1 or 2? I am having problem to change it since the portal does not function as designed. The javascript error provented me to open the detailed navigation tree. It seems like the how portal site does not work for me after change epcf "system function" level from 2 to 0. Is there another way instead of using the portal site? Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinoth,

do you mean on the logon page itself or right after logging in? In the latter case maybe the first visible page for the user contains epcf javascripting. You might want to increase the epcf level (check help.sap.com docu und epcf configuration) in the portal from 0 (no epcf) to some other value.

Regards,

Sebastian