Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESR role in different development, test, and production systems

former_member202443
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to know the role of ESR in development, test, and production system. Do I have to install ESR in every seprate installated SAP CE machine??? or should It be centrally and development., test and production systems can use it?? Does software release process effects in the whole landscape??

does Test and Production system requires ESR??? or all used services are embed into released software SCA files to test and production system???

Regards,

Naeem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christof_kohler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey,

as far as I understood the ESR is a design time tool, i think you don't need to have a productive instance.

I think it should be installed on your PI systems. And I would prefer to have at least a devel and a test installation, to

separate services on test machines from those who are running on productive systems.

as you can't differentiate the services by their name but just by their systems, you should have separate ESR Instances.

Nevertheless I think it could be possible to run only one ESR....

Kind Regards

Christof

former_member202443
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Ya I also think that ESR is a design time tool and it may not require in the production system. but are you sure that all services used in the software compnents are embed with SCA files which we are going to deploy on the production server.

Regards,

Naeem

former_member202443
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

please reply me soon this question. Whether ESR is required in Test and Production systems too. If not then how the WS gona work in Test and Production systems. Would they be compiled in SCA files and not needed ESR in test and prodduction system?

Regards,

Naeem