Graphical Mapping: Algorithm?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I am testing node-functions like:

- collapseContexts

- SplitByValue

- removeContexts

However, anytime I change something in my mappings and expect a certain target, the mapping does not work like I expect to do it.

Has anybody of you found out, how the graphical mapping works (processes the message mapping)?

Thanks a lot

Regards Mario

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mario

Go through this link and find out the step by step method of what you are looking at:

The below might be useful for you:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/01/xi-xml-node-into-a-string-with-graphical-mapping

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/01/26/throwing-smart-exceptions-in-xi-graphical-mapping

/people/claus.wallacher/blog/2006/04/17/replication-of-nodes-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2005/12/30/test-user-defined-functions-for-the-xi-graphical-mapping-tool-in-developer-studio

If it dont solve your problem kindly let us know what tell us what you are trying to do with an example?

---Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Have a look at these blogs.

<a href="/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/01/09/the-use-of-suppress-in-the-xi-30-graphical-mapping-tool">/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/01/09/the-use-of-suppress-in-the-xi-30-graphical-mapping-tool</a>

<a href="/people/stefan.grube/blog/2005/12/29/new-functions-in-the-graphical-mapping-tool-xi-30-sp13">/people/stefan.grube/blog/2005/12/29/new-functions-in-the-graphical-mapping-tool-xi-30-sp13</a>

Regards,

Sudharshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudharshan,

unfortunately the blogs do not explain HOW the messages are processed. The blogs only show what the functions are doing.

Regards Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mario

Go through the url which explains how the messages are processed.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/media/uuid/b9af5e71-0701-0010-d0b8-f612f...

---Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

I dont know how far the following blog will help you.Any way check it out.

<a href="/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/09/introduction-to-queues-in-message-mapping">/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/09/introduction-to-queues-in-message-mapping</a>

Regards,

Sudharshan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

one thing I found out is that the grahical editor uses the SAX Parser. To find out the algorithms:

Does anybody of you has an documentation, how the SAX parser is used by the graphical editor?

Does the SAX parser provide special functions for the context handling?

This would make it easier for me to understand the algorithms.

Thanks a lot, regards Mario