cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit Of Measure Conversion in the SNP Planning Book

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a problem in (a copy of ) the standard SNP Planning Book 9ASNP94.

I often need to view data in different units of measure however, but would like to avoid having to set up multiple Planning Areas. I know how to change the Unit Of Measure on my User Settings and for specific Selection IDs however, the conversions only ever work for a single Location/Product combination. As soon as I select 2 Products, the Key Figures all revert back to the Planning Area UoM.

Is there anyway round this or do I have to create new Planning Areas? If so, what are the issues in running multiple Planning Areas - does this cause performance problems?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

You should maintain pseudo unit conversion 1 (Planning area unit) = 1 (base unit) in all products where planning area unit is different from base unit. This you should do even if this conversion is not realistic. Like 1 EA= 1 KG though 1 each is not equal to 1 KG and no sucha conversion really exists.

However you should not do this if the units are actually convertible. For example if Planning area unit is in Ton & Product unit is in KG, you should not maintain this conversion. Here you can view planning book in KG by making user settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, but we already have a pseudo unit in our Planning Area with a one to one conversion with whatever the Base Unit Of Measure is, but this does not solve the problem. What I do not understand is that we have a very basic Demand Planning Book with 2 Characteristics Plant and Location and only 1 Key figure; Demand whcih we use to load the forecast from an external system, but this Planning Book has no problem converting the units for multiple Products. This Planning Area has the same pseudo unit as our copy of 9ASNP94.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like you to do a small test.

Dont do conversion on aggregate level.

As you are having only 2 products-location combinations, select that 2 products in your planning book, only load one product first and then do conversion. If it is OK then do for second product.

Please let me know your findings.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya

The first Product converts succesffuly and the second Product converts successfully, but when both selected, the Total is in the Planning Area Unit.

However, I do notice that when one Product is selected across Multiple locations the Totals do convert. So the issue is specifically around multiple Products and not multiple Characteristics.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My feeling is when you do conversion on aggregated level(multiple products), if any of the product has UOM missing then you coversion fails on aggregted level.

It looks strange that UOM conversion looks fine when you do conversion on each product.

I suggest you to check whether the UOMs (that you want to convert)are updated correctly on each product on their repective location in the product master under UOM tab.

regards

Vijaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If only it were that simple. I can confirm that all Unit Of Measure conversions are maintained - as mentioned in a previous message the Totals do convert in a simple DP Planning Book, but not in the SNP Planning Book.

Thanks

Elamobel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To update everyone - I have found no solution on this and have resorted to creating multiple Planning Areas.

Thanks for all your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have same scenario in my implementation. Few materials have UOM as WFR (Wafer) and other materilas have UOM as DIE. In R/3 materials master we established 1EA = 1WFR for the materials whose UOM is WFR and in the same way 1EA = 1DIE. My SNP p/area UOM is EA. It is working for us as UOM does not have diminsions.