cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characteristic restriction with another characteristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello and good day to you guys, I have a quite uneasy problem and need your wise help on this.

I need to restrict a characteristic with a date so I can get to display the last value of that characteristic only even when the original selection involves several dates

Here are my facts:

I'm reporting on an ODS level and in the ODS I have:

Project__Month__Amount__Status

PR1______01_____100_____A

PR1______02_____150_____B

PR1______03_____600_____C

Now in the query I have a selection variable for the date (on month = 03 in the example) and I need to show:

Proyect__month__Amt.__Amt.previous month__Status

PR1_____03_____600___150_________________C

As you see I am displaying the amount for the selected month, the amount for the previous month and the status of the selected month as well.

I have a variable for selecting the wanted month and then via an offset I actually do the select on the selected month + the previous month-1, so then by restricting the KF amount I get the current and the previous amount but I'm not able (because of the initial selection of the 2 months) to display the last status ( as I canot restrict the characteristic by another (month) characteristic so I end up getting 2 lines displayed with the diferent status B and C and I need just C.

Any ideas on how to achieve that ?

Thank you very much

Herny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have never tried but I hope this may work. Try creating another variable on month and use replacement path to Status object. Put some trails on this, you can get some clues.

Did you think of workbook option?

Message was edited by: AVR - IGA

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey, at least anyone thinks this is not possible at all ?

I will appreciate very much your opinions

Thanks

Herny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Herny,

if you are still looking for a solution you may try this:

create a restricted key figure "amount previous month" on key figure amount. Restrict it by your variable for month with an offset -1 and select the flag for "constant selection". Now put your key figures and your variable for month in the columns, now you should see status for selected month.

Best regards,

Björn