cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with TREX 7.1 post-installation steps

0 Kudos

Hello all,

I've installed TREX 7.1 (from medium 51036864 - SAP EHP1 SR1 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0, Search and Classification (TREX 7.10)) for test purposes. I used latest installation guide from: https://service.sap.com/instguides --> Installation and Upgrade Guides --> SAP NetWeaver --> SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (2004s) --> Installation --> 3 - Installation - Standalone Engines --> SAP NetWeaver Search and Classification TREX --> Installing and Updating TREX 7.1 Single Host ... which is actually not very latest since the document is from April 2008.

First thing during installation, which was different than in inst.guide, was the folder hierarchy in sapinst's welcome screen. The documentation says completely different structure. I used the most resonable choice :

SAP Installation Master -> SAP NetWeaver 7.0 including Enh.Package 1 Support Release 1 -> Standalone Engines -> Search and Classification (TREX) -> TREX Global File System with first TREX instance.

Pls correct me in my opinion that this choice is enough to get simple REX installation for test purposes. I think I need no other installation of next TREX Instace.

Now I follow the post-installation steps and right in the first step I stop. It is said in the 1.step "Configuring the TREX Web Server" to navigate to TREX Admin tool -> Landscape Connectivity window -> http tab page.

Unfortunatelly there is NO Landscape Connectivity window.

As I studied other conf.steps, some of them don't make a sence as well.

Can you pls send me a hint, what I'm doing wrong ?

Thank you in advance, rwrd.points granted.

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will not be able to find the Landscape link directly.

In TREXADMIN.BAT you will find the advanced tab.Click onto that , It will activate System Landscape after that.

Now you can configure your TREX System as per guide.

But if you are still unable to get through please provide me the screen shot of TREXadmin.bat,I will guide you with next steps.

Regards

Naveen Garg

0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

thx for reply.

I was looking for "advanced tab", but there is none. The only choice is n menu Options -> radiobutton with options "Standard mode" and "Advanced mode". So this is probably, what you meant.

So in the "standard mode" I have following tabs in upper part of the window:

Queue : Admin, Content, Landscape

Index : Admin, Landscape

Landscape : Alert, Configuration, Ini; Hosts, Services, Trace, RFC

Preprocessor : Admin

When I activate the advaced mode, the tabs are extended and I get following possibilities:

Queue : Admin, Content, Landscape

Index : Admin, Landscape, Usage, Search, Mining

Cruiser : Admin, Landscape

Landscape : Alert, Configuration, Reorg, Tree, Ini; Hosts, Services, Trace, Perf.Trace, RFC

Preprocessor : Admin, View Docs.

.. and still I'm not able to find the possibility too "Add HttpServer" .. as conf.guide document says.

Do you have any idea, where to find next ?

Thank you in advance.

Rgds

Tom

P.S. just one more note - I executed the runInstallationTest.py script and all is fine. Apparently there are changes in TREXAdmin UI and it is not covered in the guide.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any answer about this issue?, I have the same problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please send the screen shots and if possible send me the details where you see Information under each tab.

Regards

Naveen Garg

0 Kudos

OK, pls unhide your email address in your personal details for today, otherwise I don't have any chance to send it to you.

Thx Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the landscape you should have the tab Connectivity,If that tab is not there then you need to check on tab RFC and there will be the option of providing the details of both HTTP as well as ABAP connection.

If you still face any issue,please let me know.

Regards

Naveen Garg

0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I had a look into RFC tab-window and there was no choice to configure HTTP connection. I captured the screenshot, so if you want let me know and I'll send it to you.

Thanks for your support.

Rgds

Tom