cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import examples from book "Advanced BSP Programming"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i bought the book "advanced bsp programming". But i don't know how to import the "*.nsp" Transport files from the cd into the sap system.

It is a sap R/3 with SAP Basis Release 6.20 Level 57.

Could someone help me?

Best regards,

Nils Kloth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Your best bet is to always make friends with a nice Basis person who does the transports for your landscape. Quite often developers don't have access (OS and SAP) to perform transports. However if this is sandbox system and you want to give it a try - you should probably just read up on TMS (Transport Mangement System) first.

Assuing that TMS is configured properly on your system and you can perform exports and imports the process isn't terribly complicated.

Copy the the transport files into your TRANS directory (/usr/sap/trans/). The file name that begins with the letter K goes into the cofiles subdirectory. The file name that begins with the letter R goes into the data subdirectory.

You can then log into your system and run transaction code STMS. Go to the Import Overview. Chose your local system ID. Choose Menu Option: Extras->Other Requests->Add. Now supply the transport number. This will attach the transport to your import que. Now you can follow the normal process for importing the transport.

I want to stress that you should NOT try to perform imports unless you are comfortable with the process or this is a sandbox system that no one will be upset if something goes wrong. You should also NOT transport the code samples into a development system at all unless you are willing to take responsibility. The authors of the book (myself and Brian) take no responsibility for any damage done by the transport (Legal CYA). That is why we also supply all code in text files so that it can be imported manually and possibly renamed to match whatever naming standards you may have. All the code is delivered in the customer name range as a customer object and can be modified in the delivery system.

Please note that there will be some import errors on 620 because this transport contains code for 640 and 04S. Most of these import errors are documented on the CD and do not effect the overall process.

0 Kudos

You're the best. Thank You very very .... very much !

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you,

Nils