Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Error log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we are running BDC for a transaction code F-02. We have given a option of test run where all data is getting displayed in the ALV report if the test run option is ticked, and if the option is not ticked then the BDC will be processed. Now, in the test run we want the error log to come which will indicate what all errors are there in posting the BDC.

So, how can we go for that?

Basically we have seen the transaction code AFAB. In this tcode error log is coming in the test run.

Reg,

nishu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will have to write subrotuine or code to do validation for data in SAP for possible causes of error which you can expect during a BDC and display those errors in a TEST run.

The other option is try to do a BDC to run through all the screen and dont do a SAVE on final screen. So if TEST run option is selected then run this piece of BDC code which will capture if there is any errors.

Remember in this option only first error will be captured. So better to use the first option.

Cheers

VJ

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will have to write subrotuine or code to do validation for data in SAP for possible causes of error which you can expect during a BDC and display those errors in a TEST run.

The other option is try to do a BDC to run through all the screen and dont do a SAVE on final screen. So if TEST run option is selected then run this piece of BDC code which will capture if there is any errors.

Remember in this option only first error will be captured. So better to use the first option.

Cheers

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nishu,

Just a thought u can record the entire trx for F-02 till u save, instead of save u can then cancel and record the cancellation part. now when u run in test mode u can run the cancel part if not then the actal save. This way u can get the messages in the bdc msg table.

0 Kudos

hi abhijit,

can u exlain me more in details? i think ur explaination can solve my problem.

Thanks,

Nishant