cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name field and AutoI field - Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a some fields of type Name and AutoId. I am trying to map them with text field from MS- Acess. When I am trying to do that I am finding the "MAP" button inactive. For the rest of the fields button is active and mapped them sucessfully. Why is it happening. I remember that I did not have problems with AutoId and Name fields maping earlier. Am I doing some thing different this time? How should I map them currently?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As rightly mentioned, Auto ID is the field which is automatically incremented by MDM. You will find this field and its value directly in the Data Manager against every record.

You can not Map this field in Import Manager. Talking about the field of type NAME - This is a text field used to manually maintain the name in Data Manager. It will have 5 parts - Prefix, First Name, Middle name, Last Name, Suffix.

Hence since these parts are included in 1 field, there is no way to import values individually in these parts.

Hence you cannot import into field of Typoe NAME as well. You can manully maintain the data manually.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Name field is a field with different internal structure for representing name as first name , middle name and last name.

Auto Id is like a sequential row no. and increments on addition of each record.

Both of them cannot be mapped.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

former_member198313
Contributor
0 Kudos

you can NOT map a autoID field.

Thats the definition and use of this field. Thenumber will be generated automatically.

the Name field might be inactive if its dependent on anything else ex looku, qualified etc.

+ An

• This is not an official message and not related to my organization.