cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndicating Indicator for Change/Update/Delete of Record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We face the challenge of trying to syndicate an Action Indicator to indicate to Remote Systems subscribing to a record whether the syndicated record reflects a create/update. We could derive this from the Create/Update date on the main table, however this falls short when a record exists and another remote system subscribes to the record for the first time. For that Remote System, the Action is a Create, and for the other Remote Systems its essentially no action (as the core record has not changed).

Any suggestions on how others have implemented an Action Indicator in a scenario where multiple systems can subscribe to a global harmonized record?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Costa,

just recently I had a very similar problem.

Here is my approach:

Records come in automatically, are processed in MDM and syndicated instantly. So there is a workflow in place to control all the logic.

I have an action flag on the main table for each outbound remote system (port): 1 (Add), 2 (Modify) and 3 (Delete) (Values 1/2/3)

A second flag indicates an Add to a remote system (Values 1/0).

Now when a record is imported as Add, it is marked as Add, syndicated to the port and then marked with the second flag as Add to that port. If the record comes the second time with Add for another system, a filter in the syndication map prevents the syndication of that record to the first system due to the second flag. So it is only syndicated to the second remote system which again then marks the record as Add after syndication. Now the record comes as Change. Before the syndication in the workflow an assignment has to remove the second flag in order for the record to be syndicated to both systems.

I hope that helps you.

Best regards

Christian