cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database query on HP-UX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

For installing ECC 6.0 on HP-UX platfoem which database is more convenient and how? means DB2 or Oracle or MAxDB, etc.

Please revert with expert comment.

Thanks,

Regards,

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here you ask for a migration to Oracle.

> For installing ECC 6.0 on HP-UX platfoem which database is more convenient and how? means DB2 or Oracle or MAxDB, etc.

The questions you have to answer:

- What is convenient for YOU? Which database do YOU (or your administrators) know?

- What amount of license and maintenance fee is your company willing to invest (Oracle most expensive, MaxDB least expensive)?

- What database features do you need?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plz tell me Oracle or DB2. If have knowledge of both database and my company suppose aggree for any one. so which one i should select.

Sachin

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Plz tell me Oracle or DB2. If have knowledge of both database and my company suppose aggree for any one. so which one i should select.

I can't tell you (and nobody else can) - since you know both it should be easy for you to do the choice

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sachin,

I dont think anyone will suggest you to go for specific database. Consider following factors though.

1. Inhouse knowledge

2. Companies global agreements with the database vendor. e.g. you may have license agreement for oracle globally then there is no point to go for db2 and vice a versa. isn't it?

3. Check hardware/software requirements and see what suits you better

etc

Hope this helps.

Manoj

Answers (0)