cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

self standing test cycle

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

We're looking for a method to develop J2EE and Webdynpro apps using the netweaver development studio. We're trying to figure out a way to run the code locally, with debugging enabled so we can debug it straight in Eclipse.

What are some of the workflows you guys have come up with so far?

If it means running a full EP on the dev's machines, we would also need some kind of documentation on the system requirements, as some of our machines are having some trouble with Netweaver Dev Studio as is.

Thanks in advance

(rewards are enabled)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To be a bit specific, I've also come to realize the sad fact that while Eclipse does have a debug mode, the J2EE server that came with the netweaver dev studio sneak preview (lite edition) does not run in debug mode, and I have yet to figure out how to enable it. Any clues?

Again, thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yaakov,

You will need to stop the server, set it to debuggable and then restart it.

You can use \usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\configtool\configtool.bat to change the settings.

Navigate on the left to "cluster-data" -> "instance_..."

Then you will find a tab "Servers Debug" on the right.

Select "Debuggable" and "Enabled Debug Mode"

You will find a similar page one level deeper in the navigation, i.e. "cluster-data" -> "instance_..." -> "server_..."

You will find that if you already changed settings on the higher level these changes will be reflected down here.

Once your server is up again you should be able to debug from Dev Studio. Check this in J2EE Engine view.

Hope this helps

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I go to save the configration, I get two errors, first this in a Swing box:

CRITICAL: Error occurred while working with Configuration.

Then this in a MS-DOS command prompt box:

Program terminated abnormally

Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste . . .

(Press any key to continue)

I found another method to get debugging to work, but I'm just looking for a general idea as to how we can do production level work, and what the official or unofficial requirements are gonna be.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yaakov,

I think you will find a lot of answers about how SAP supports development and software lifecycle here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/63/7a4d40eae76f13e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

"NetWeaver Development Infrastructure" is the magical term.

Cheers

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Never a simple answer....

Well it's never a dull day with SAP either.

Thanks alot.

Answers (0)