cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring:displaying or filtering by operation name

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are working with PI 7.1 for some time past. I like the new opportunity of PI 7.1 to define interfaces with more than one operation. But I have a problem with monitoring such scenarios.

SXMB_MONI: Here it is possible to customize the monitoring view. I can add columns for the Sender-Operation and the Receiver-Operation. So far, so good. The problem is that these columns are remaining always empty. Second problem: It isn't possible to filter the messages by operation name. Only filtering by interface name is possible. But if I have a interface with many operation this isn't really helpful.

RWB: Either filtering by operation name nor displaying the operation name at the message list is possible. If I look at the message detail I can't find the operation name.

Can you confirm my observations? What I'm doing wrong?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gil,

First of all you can try with SXI_MONITOR trx, to go straight to the filter of XML messages.

To see what's happening with with your filters, try to get a match code, for example in: Sender Service: SERV* + F4

To see if ti has loaded the Business Systems.

In RWB: if you push "input help" it doesn't bring up the list of all your operations/interfaces?

regards,

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

All what you have written works fine with interface names. But with PI 7 each Interface can have more than one operation. And I want to filter the message list by operation name and I wasn't able to do this till know.

If you customize your monitoring view in SXMB_MONI you can add a column for operation name but this column remains always empty on my system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gil,

I'm having the same problem. Have you found a solution yet?

It is really nice to bundle several operations into one service interface, but to monitor it effectively the filter on operation is really necessary.

Kind regards,

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For all who have experienced the same limitation, I provide the answer of our SAP support ticket:

Dear Customer,

Thanks for providing this feedback.

Although operation can be moduled in the ESR it is not an entity that

is used in the PI runtime. PI Runtime only 'knows' interfaces. Thereforethe operation is not shown in monitor for PI messages. This field is

presently only used for messages that are processed in the WS Runtime.

We already know about this limitation, that no operation name is

displayed in the monitoring for messages in case the XI protocol is

used. The operation name is only displayed when using the WS protocol.

Because of some technical limitations we unfortunately cannot offer a

short-term solution. Original XI interfaces consist of only one

operation so that the display of the interface name was sufficient.

The operation name was introduced as a new column in the message monitorfor supporting messages for interfaces with multiple operations

processed via WS-Adapter only.

We will work on a solution in the following releases, but no detail

information is available now.

Sorry for not providing a positive answer on this.