cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Inspection Lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently at the point of GRN, i have configured to create inspection lot Automatically.

1. If i want to create inspection lot Manually, if i skip the inspection type assigning in the material master QM view will it serve my purpose?

2. If i do this will it affect my Usage decision making process and rest of the QM standard process?

3. what does it mean by "maximum sample size of mic"?

purpose of creating inspection lot manually is, i want to inspect fabric rolls in my company. And i want a, 1 fabric roll = 1 inspection lot. I plan to design a custom developed program to give fabric rolls as the input.

Thanks and Regards,

DTD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

U cannot remove inspection type because it will restrict u from creating manual lot.

manual inspection lot are non stock relevent.

if stock posting is not your certeria then tick inspection type active and remove post to inspection tick. This will post stock to unrestricted. then create manual inspection lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogini,

My requirement is once it is GRNed stock should go to Inspection stock. After that user create the manual lot for the inspection lot and required amount should be posted to Unrestricted.

theres this one question. If i assign the inspection type inspection lot is getting created automatically. how do i avoid that?

Regards,

DTD

Former Member
0 Kudos

u can create q info record for this matrial and assign no inspection. this will aviod creation of inspection lot an du can create manual inspection lot also but in manual lot how u will are going to post stock. it is non stock relevent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogini,

What you saying is if we create inspection lot manually we can not post that stock to unrestricted or any stock type. Is that it? there must be some way to do this isnt it?

Regards,

DTD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can your requirement not be fulfilled if you use inspection with Inspection Point.

Here you can do staock posting and there will not be any need to create manual inspection lot.

If not, then can you clarify the purpose of creating 1 Roll = 1 insp lot.

regards

Edited by: hemant adep on Jul 17, 2009 2:59 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u explain me complete scenario in detail ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hemant,

I have not used inspection point in my scenario. Once i have used an inspection point in results recording. I cant figure out how Inspection points help to solve my issue? (Manual inspection lot creation). If there is a method please give the detail steps?

Dear Yogini,

my scenario is fabrics are Grn is yards form. once it is GRN by using a custom developed program ( Z program) im converting this fabrics yds in to Roll form. once it is converted one fabric roll should be equal to one inspection lot. ( in results recording i should be able to record results for fabric roll wise : fabric roll 1= color A, fabric roll 2= color A, fabric roll 3= color B,) because of this i want to create inspection lot manually and post the rresults to unrestricted or scrap. I hope my scenario is clear enough?

Regards,

DTD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you can fdo it with inspection point.

You have to create a sampling procedure with inspection point selected (you can decide the samp0ling size as 1 for each role)

In inspection plan header set the identification for inspection point (may be as roll number). Assign sampling procedure in inspection plan.

Then while doing the result recording it will ask you to enter the identification.

Hope this will fulfill your requirement and avoid manual inspection lot.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hemant,

Thanks for the reply and giving me a solution. However its not fulfilling my requirement cos Yds Roll conversion issue is coming.

Dear All,

I created a material and did the GRN. I also created manual inspection lot and did the results recording and made the usage decision. After that when i go to the QA32 screen and checked theres a inspection lot for the same material with status REL CALC SPRQ. This is the inspection lot which is getting created automatically by assigning inspection type, GRN and by default. How do i avoid creating this inspection lot for each material. Is there any Config changes. Can some one please guide me?

Regards,

DTD

Former Member
0 Kudos

this material is procured or made in house?

Former Member
0 Kudos

procured. vendor all details are given???

Former Member
0 Kudos

then plz. try this, it will help u for sure

In material master activate qm procurement tick

maintain control key with delivery/vendor release

in inspection setup activate 01 inspection type.

Go to qi01 create info record, select 'No inspection' and save

due to this when gr is created inspection lot will not be craeted but u can craete manual inspection lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yogini,

Thanks alot for the reply. I thought of not using the Q Infor Records in our implementation. Instead of this solution what if i used Inspection type 89 and follow the normal procedure (GRN, Manual Inspection Lot and so on). What are the consequences of doing that? Please Advice....

Regards,

DTD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you want to only record the results / defects against the inspection lot, but dont want the material in Quality stock and hence you are creating manual lots.

If so, better to deactivate 01 and activate some other inspection type which can be created manually (e.g. 89 as you said).

This will avoid automatic lot generation and you can create manual lot any time you want to record the results.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hemanth,

thanks for the reply. but i do want the stock lot. after recording results for the inspection lot cant i use a program like MB1B to post the stock to unrestricted from quality stock?

Regards,

DTD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First deactivate 01 inspection. Activate 89.

During GR, post material to blocked stock.

Then create your manual lot, do RR and defect recording.

And after completing your tests remove it from blocked stock to unrestricted by MB1B.

regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to create insp. lot manually for 01 insp. type then it should be assigned in the QM view

second thing you can create inspection lot manually but in that lot you will not get stock posting option

Thanks

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Thanks for the quick reply. What your saying is even if we create inspection lot manually we have assign inspection type.. Am i correct? If there is no stock posting option how am i gonna post the stock from Quality to Unrestricted? Do i have to use a MB1B standard program?

Regards,

DTD