cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mates

we are implementing rebate .i need following clarifications in this regard.

1.what is the diff b/n Discount amount & Accurals in Reabte agreement?Should it need to ba maintainted same or accrural should be less than Discount Amount?

2.During Partial settlement what is teh order type& billing type to be used in rebate agreement?Which amount to be passed as credit memo to the customer.Whether it is discount amount or Accural amount during partial settlement?

3.Which amount to be passed in final settlement?

Thanx in advance

--Karthik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member312216
Participant
0 Kudos

As per my understanding ....

1.what is the diff b/n Discount amount & Accurals in Reabte agreement?Should it need to ba maintainted same or accrural should be less than Discount Amount?

-

Discount is given based on a particular sales transaction, but Rebate is given based on the sales volume over a period of time and has a time frame. Accrual is an accumalation of particular kind of discount given as rebates to the customer based on the sales volume.

2.During Partial settlement what is teh order type& billing type to be used in rebate agreement?Which amount to be passed as credit memo to the customer.Whether it is discount amount or Accural amount during partial settlement?

You should use a credit memo request and a credit memo for the order type and billing type.

The accrued amount should be passed as credit memo to the customer and its accrual amount during partial settlement.

3.Which amount to be passed in final settlement?

The total accrual amount is to be passed while final settlement or can be substituted by a material for that particular accrual amount.

Let me know if my understanding is right.

regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Suppose accrued amount is 100 @ 2% and the discount amount is 200 @ 3%, then on the basis of your config you can make partial settlement of upto 100 or 200.

Regards,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Iam Maintaining discount amount as 5% & accral amount as 3%.But condition type picks 3% for calculation and displays in Billing?Secondly when i view the rebate agreement in VBO2 in the sales Volume value updated is based on the calculation 3% (Accral amopunt) and in accral also system dispalys value of 3%.

Is that value shown in the sales volume is correct.And iam able to create credit memo only for accral amount.

Can anybody explain me in this regard

Thanx in advance

Regards..,

Karthik

former_member312216
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Karthik

I have already suggested that the credit memo will be created only based on the accrual amount and not the dicsount.

Try changing it manually and post it and see whether it works.

Revert if you have further doubts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

Suppose your clients wants to give discounts in slabs like for 100 pc- 1%, 200- 2% and 300-3%. Then you can have accruals depending on client requirement as 1%, 2% or 3%. Accruals is the amount client wants to keep aside from FI point of view.

Depending upon your config you can restrict to do partial payment of upto accrued amount or otherwise any amount can be given. For partial settlement order type is B3 n for full B1.

Regards,

Pankaj

former_member312216
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj

Please oblige and clarify on the statement which you have given , as i didnt understand that properly "otherwise any amount an be given" Any amount on what basis ?

former_member312216
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik

Please refer this document for your understanding , i feel once you are through with this you will clear all your doubts on rebates.

http://www.erpgenie.com/publications/saptips/052005.pdf