cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shared memory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Have installed 2 SIDs on one box: one is PI 7.1 and the other AS ABAP 7.1 (for Netweaver Mobile 7.1)

The host is running on LINUX / Oracle

The way behavior is as follows:

When the AS ABAP (Mobile 7.1) SID is started up ALONE, all is OK (everything is fine)

When the PI 7.1 SID is started up ALONE, all is OK (everything is fine).

When I start the AS ABAP first and THEN the PI 7.1 afterwards (so both SIDs are running at the same time), I get the following error for the dev_disp associated with PI 7.1

SemKeyPermission( 30 ) = 0740 (octal)

• ERROR => e=28 semget(29030,1,2016) (28: No space left on device) [semux.c 1014]

SemKeyPermission( 31 ) = 0740 (octal)

• ERROR => e=28 semget(29031,1,2016) (28: No space left on device) [semux.c 1014]

SemKeyPermission( 35 ) = 0740 (octal)

• ERROR => e=28 semget(29035,1,2016) (28: No space left on device) [semux.c 1014]

SemKeyPermission( 42 ) = 0740 (octal)

Where can one adjust the shared memory parameters for the SIDs? I know that perhaps 8 GB RAM would be best to use but the AS ABAP is just that and PI 7.1 uses (ABAP + JAVA). Surely there must be a way to fix it so that both can exist on this machine.

These are development SIDs so it is not like there are thousands of simultaneous users on them.

Any help, hints or advice is greatly apprecited

TIA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Thanks for the responses

I found the answer here:

I had to re-configure the shared memory settings for the Linux situation and all was well.

TIA

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

ERROR => e=28 semget(29031,1,2016) (28: No space left on device)

Its pointing towards the space left out in device cross check the same ,check the fill level of tablespaces for both the sytems,how much SWAP space you have allocated for the both the sytems

Regards

Uday

manu_susankar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How many Dilog work processers configured ? did you try by redusing work processers Dia/BGD or other type on both the systems ?

Regards,

S.Manu