Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM Middleware & XI

steven_dierick
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have some CRM related questions.

- Is CRM middleware part of Netweavers Process Integration layer?

- What are the differences between CRM middleware and XI?

- Can CRM middleware be replaced by XI without losing functionality?

- What’s the vision of SAP concerning CRM and XI?

All documentation I found on help.sap.com and service.sap.com just briefly mentions XI. The integration part focuses mainly on the CRM middleware.

I’m totally new in the CRM area, but have a good understanding of XI. I’m a bit confused which roll XI can play in a CRM environment.

If you have to set up a new system landscape: ERP/ISU/BW/CRM, would you still use the CRM middleware or would you prefer XI, maybe using both solutions together?

I hope someone can bring some clarifications.

Thanks in advance.

Steven

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

SAP CRM Middleware is used to get the data from R/3 back-end system

though Adapters , where as XI is used to get the data to CRM system without an ERP back-end system though XIF adapter

Anusha menon

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steven

CRM is a part of MySAP Business Suite and a central CRM server provides access to various systems via various channels like Interaction Center – enables customers to contact service or sales reps by phone, fax or email; Internet Access – internet components of CRM; Mobile Clients and Handheld Devices – for mobile sales or service reps..

It has built on SAP WAS and CRM Server contains CRM Server Applications, Main Parts of CRM Middleware, CRM Database.

You can check some of the experts view here:

http://www.sapgenie.com/mysap/crm/index.htm

http://www.sapgenie.com/mysap/crm/middleware.htm

http://eai.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/webmethods-l/sap-exchange-connector-xi-364858#

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm40/helpdata/en/c3/95fc381478ab6fe10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

If you are going for a new setup I would rather suggest to go for XI rather than CRM because it gives feasibility to you in connecting to various landscapes when compared to CRM.

---Mohan

steven_dierick
Participant
0 Kudos

Ravi,

"As per my understanding CRM Middleware will be replaced with a mini version of XI. In fact in the latest version of CRM, XI is already present."

Do you know where I can find information on that topic.

Mohan,

Do you think it's possible to replace CRM middleware completely by XI, or does both need to coexist?

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steven

<i>

Do you think it's possible to replace CRM middleware completely by XI, or does both need to coexist?</i>

There are number of factors which should be considered before doing this. But my opinion would be if your company is running on SAP try to keep one middleware component like XI which makes easy for maintenance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you should be able to see it in the installation guide of CRM 5.0. Recently we installed this and that is when I learnt that PI 7.0 (XI) is a part of the same.

Not only from middleware solution, SAP is also moving XI from a SAP Production integration as well. So given that is the road map from the vendor, we might have to align ourselves with that right now.

Regards,

Ravi

Note :Please mark the helpful answers and close the thread if the question is answered

steven_dierick
Participant
0 Kudos

Ravi,

I found indeed something about PI in the installation guide.

In the SAP documentation of CRM 5.0 they still speak of the CRM Middleware. Does that means that CRM Middleware and PI are both used for integration in CRM 5.0?

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, as this is the first time they have put in PI / XI as a a part of the CRM they have provided both. But going forward, I would guess that they will fade the CRM middleware off.

Regards,

Ravi

steven_dierick
Participant
0 Kudos

Do you know if XI/PI is integrated in the CRM solution or is it also possible to have a separate XI/PI system.

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

It should be possible to have a separate XI.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steve,

As per my understanding CRM Middleware will be replaced with a mini version of XI. In fact in the latest version of CRM, XI is already present.

So, going forward XI will become for all the integration aspects of all the SAP products.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers