cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup Sender Interface for proxy with attachments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I already had a basic question whether attachments can be sent with a sender proxy - yes it is.

However now the question is, how a sender interface has to be changed to use attachments. So far the messages are sent without attachment. Now the sender interface should be changed so that the proxy will send an additional attachment.

How do I need to change the sender interface? Is there a special element which "holds" the attachment?

Or does the sender interface stay the same as the attachment is sent within a multipart message? Can I map the attachment to a single element containing base64 afterwards?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you dont need to create an extra data type for the same. the attachment will come as a different entry (attachment to a SOAP message)

Refer the blog provided by Siva. That should clear the air

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

yes the blog is very useful, so no extra data-type is needed.

However what is still not clear is whether I can use the base64 attachment to be mapped to a certain field in the target structure?

So let' say we have the sender interface with attachment and in the receiver interface one element where the base64 attachment content is mapped into, such as this:

<base64Attachment>

asdsdjlkasdflksjfdkjsalfjs

</base64Attachment>

The target message then should be a simple SOAP message without any attachments. Is this possible?

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

YOu can check this to see how you can map a whole xml payload to a single field using Java Mapping:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Whole%20Payload%20to%20a%20XML%20field

Regards,

RAVI

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your one stop for your requirement..

ABAP client proxies wiht attachemnts

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/04/19/xi-rfc-or-abap-proxy-abap-proxies-with-attachments

-Siva Maranani