cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Pick up the file located in AL11 of ECC Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I placed my text file through CG3Z transaction into AL11 of ECC server.

I gave the AL11 directory path in my sender communication channel and it is saying that the directory doesn't exist in communcation channel monitor of RWB

How to mention the file path in Sender CC, to pick up the file located in AL11 of ECC

Regards

Vamsi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i will ask basis to do this

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>i will ask basis to do this

Lolz,we all love to bother basis people:)

but i agree,in your case its best to ask them if directory is mapped and also the complete path for folder.

Thanks

Aamir

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>I gave the AL11 directory path in my sender communication channel and it is saying that the directory doesn't exist in communcation channel monitor of RWB

if ECC and XI are on separate servers the easiest way is to make a folder in AL11 on ECC

as shared forlder so that XI server can access it - then put the same path to the file communication channel

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is directory specified in AL11 shared by XI and R/3 system?

if yes,then you can use NFS else you need to use FTP.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

How to know this and what is the functionality of this

And also, i used FTP protocol to connect to ECC server by mentioning the host name of ECC with user name & pwd

but it is showing the error like error while opening the FTP server

REgards

Former Member
0 Kudos

At OS level when you login into XI or ECC, you should see this directory. Generally the directory sharing is performed by NWA Team by using NFS mount.

And also, i used FTP protocol to connect to ECC server by mentioning the host name of ECC with user name & pwd

Username & password of what?

Also, Do you have FTP software installed on ECC?? I am not sure if anyone would allow that. I would recommend to go with NFS mount option.

-Siva Maranani