cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigational Attributes Time-dependant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I created a new navigational attribute, with time-dependant master data. However, when I display the values at my queries, only display the value, for the last period of master data (I'm working with non-cumulative cubes: 0RE_C01 Surfaces real estate)

Example:

Rental Unit Date to Date from Usage Type

1 31.01.2006 01.01.2006 empty

2 28.02.2005 01.02.2006 own use

3 31.12.9999 01.03.2006 #

Queries always display the usage type #, for all the time selection.

Thanks

Roberto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

depends on the key date that you provide while running the query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Master data time-dependant is defined as Date from and Date to. In my Surface Cube, I have 0CALDAY and Month/Year as Time characteristic.

The Navigational attribute, always display the last value even I restricted the information for 0CALDAY and MONTH/YEAR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

With time-dependent master data, the 0CALDAY or MONTH/YEAR values in the cube/query does not have an effect on, which master data record is used.

Instead, it's the key date of the query. If you do not define a key date for the query in the query properites in the query designer, then current date will be the key date. So regardless of the 0CALDAY, the time-dependent master data is picked up based on the current date.

What can you do?

1) You can set up a fixed date for the key date

2) You can set up a variable that is asked from the user before the execution of the query

3) Or if you are asking a user to enter a 0CALDAY in the selection screen, you can then use user exit to fill that 0CALDAY value as the key date.

Regards,

Lauri

Answers (0)