cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing/Exclusion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Here is the scenario, 2000 customer, and only about 35 are allowed to buy a certain material, what should be done in this case ? listing or exclusion ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i think Listing with be the best one.

Please let me know if you stil need any more help.

Thanks and regards,

Rajeshwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess my next question would be, if you list a certain material for a certain customer, does it mean it excludes for every other customer that is not listed automatically ? or i have to creat an exclusion for it ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dilip,

> I guess my next question would be, if you list a certain material for a certain customer, does it mean it excludes for every other customer that is not listed automatically ? or i have to creat an exclusion for it ?

When you will create Listing for some customer then these customer can buy only these materials....... But only after listing, System doesnt block others to buy these material....... That means Others can also buy it.

For Avoiding this, you have to do Exclusion of other customers for these 35 materials.

Anyways my suggestion in your case would be for doing some enhancement, in which at sales order Exit, you can have check about the customer and material combination. Ask your ABAPer to create two tables Customer And Material, In customer table Enter the 35 customers(Later you can add another also) and in Material table add those materials which are allowed to sale to those customer.

Ask your ABAPer to put a check for these combination.

This is my point of view if you dont want to maintain 1965 different records for exclusion.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Best option is to go for Material Listing for 35 customers with a specific material.Because in case of Exclusion , you have to assign the material to rest of the customers which is a lengthy process and also those 35 customers will be eligible for any material.

Best Regards,

Ankur

former_member312216
Participant
0 Kudos

I feel Harpreets suggestion would be better . Using groups would be a complication down the line .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dilip,

If there is a specific condition or special grouping you can do for the 35 customers..say for ex. customer grp/1/2/3/4/5 D1.

Then use listing to maintain the foll record:

Sales Area+ D1+ xxxxx.

And in future too, if there are customers being added to the list..just ensure that those customers are marked with D1 grp.

This is easier.

Regards,

Raghu,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your requirement , Listing will be better option. Use VB01to maintian list of all 35 sold-to party authorized to buy xxxxxxx material. Hope this helps.

Harry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Listing and exclusion are done for material and not for the customer

In SAP this is termed as Material listing and material exclsion. Sap defines them as

The Material listing/Exclusion is a function provided by SAP for faster processing of order creation.Both functions are based on condition technique.Always Exclusion is having higher priority than Listing.In Excusion the the system refuses the entered material if it is maintained in exclusion record for specific customer but in case ofmaterial listing it accepts only allowed material which we maintained in listing record for specific customer.In both the cases system checks sold to party record & if not find

then moved to payer's record if different.

Hope it is clear,

regards,

santosh