cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to define the language in request if the service use the user language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello people,

Iu2019m invoking the service [ServiceExecutionOrderERPByIDQueryResponse_In|http://esworkplace.sap.com/socoview(bD1lbiZjPTAwMSZkPW1pbg==)/render.asp?packageid=DE0426DD9B0249F19515001A64D3F462&id=DB390ED6418F11DB2B24000F20DAC9EF], but this service receive only the number and uses the user language.

Iu2019m developing a webdynpro application which will consume this service with a service user and need inform the language according external user language (non ecc users).

Regards,

Cleiton

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since this service only for retrieval of details which is already stored in backend in particular language (and not available in all languages). So it make sense not to provide language as input.

Make sure while creating Service Order supply user language (normally Language field is part of all language dependent fields like description etc.) wherever it is asked for,

This way you will be able to get all required details which will be stored.

For example see this service: ServiceExecutionOrderERPCreateRequestConfirmation_In_V1 which create service order and for all language dependent field you will find "Language" as attribute, while creating service order just map end user language to description and you will get same while trying to retrieve it.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

I don't think it make sense because the informations such as material description, status, profile name are translated.

Thank for now,

Cleiton.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes they are translated and stored with service order with corresponding language pointers. If you just want to retrieve detail about material description then you will get it with language.

In your case service order is already created with all corresponding details. If you want to customize material description etc then call another service and supply material number to get description in particular language.

May be you can create composite service which can give you detail in your desired language.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then I need change the theme of all SAP Portal, because it has a option to change the language and I will need remove it because consuming the ESA itu2019s not possible.

If a partner prefer change a topic in order to see the translation of the descriptions of a status (service order) or material, or a item in the catalogue (request service). They canu2019t get the translation because the read of service order and service request is fixed according the ecc user language.

Or okay, as you have said, Iu2019ll develop a composite service in order to consuming other service that supporting inform the language (material, catalogue, etc).

Iu2019m not happy with it, but what can I dou2026 rsrsr!

Former Member
0 Kudos

> If a partner prefer change a topic in order to see the translation of the descriptions of a status (service order) or material, or a item in the catalogue (request service). They canu2019t get the translation because the read of service order and service request is fixed according the ecc user language.

Well not quite correct, you will get material id and you can call service to get description and other details in language of your choice provided they are stored in that way.

> Or okay, as you have said, Iu2019ll develop a composite service in order to consuming other service that supporting inform the language (material, catalogue, etc).

All services are design to keep certain functionality in mind and SAP offers multiple services to cater different need and again there is always freedom to design composite services using variety of services available.

Read service order will read detail of service order and will do nothing else and for translation you should use another service.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess that is the unique option, but itu2019ll be slower. First the service will load all descriptions in the wrong language, than after that Iu2019ll invoke more 2 or 3 services for reading the description in the right language. But Okay, Iu2019ll close the topic.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Support solve my problem, following the answer....

External consumer

-

The language can be set by the external consumer. Therefore you have

2 options.

HTTP-header-language is passed to the provider. Alternatively, the

language can be also set by HTTP-query parameter "SAP-LANGUAGE'.

Internal consumer (consumer and provider are running on ABAP-application

server)

-

You create a SM59-destination of type H without specifying the logon-

language. Then the logon language of the consumer is passed to the

provider.

I am no expert for XI-configuration. In case you apply XI-configuration

please return the message. Then the message will be forwarded,

appropriately.

Answers (0)