cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using SAP MM source list instead of SRM vendor list to retrieve bidder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the following requirement : when assigning bidders on a bid invitation it's quite easy to use the SRM vendor list. But we are already maintaining source list in MM and would like to use them instead of vendor list...

Does anybody have an idea ?

I have looked at the following (but I am open to other suggestion)

-> AFAIK there's no built-in replication feature from source list to vendor list

-> I've understood it's possible to have external vendor list using OPI. Could we use an ECC6 SAP as an OPI provider ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i have done this. Keep in mind some of these programs/transactions are custom.

Object Type *** Host System *** Name *** Description

Function Module *** R3 *** ZBRFC_EORD_2_SRM*** R/3 component

Program *** SRM *** ZBFPUR_R3SRCLISTFORF4*** SRM Requestor report program that builds SRM Source List

Search Help *** SRM *** BBP_BUPA_AVL_BID_INV_CON *** Collective Search help for Bidding Process

Search Help *** SRM *** ZB_F4R3_SOURCELIST*** Search Help for source List

Table *** SRM *** ZBTF_F4PARTPROD*** Table that holds R/3 Source List

Transaction *** SRM *** ZBF4EORD *** Runs ZBFPUR_R3SRCLISTFORF4 on request

Select all Partners of type 'BBP001' and group by Logical System

Select all Partner Contacts from 'BUT050

Select Logical System for Partners from VENMAP

Call remote Function ZBRFC_EORD_2_SRM for each logical system passing allowable Partners as Vendors

Scan 'EORD' table selecting Vendor / Materials that have valid from/to dates and valid vendors then returns these to SRM Requestor

Build table of all Material number, validate to SRM Materials, and remove any Materials that do not exist in SRM

Merge EORD to Partners and eliminate Material Vendor Combinations that have no valid Material in SRM

Assign GUID's for Partners and Partner Contacts

Assign Name Fields for Partners and Partner Contacts

Determine which records are new

Determine which existing records in SRM are to be deleted

Delete SRM data requiring deletion

Add new Data

Update Existing Rows

thanks,

Justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I believe you have build a synchronization features ? Am I right ?

During the night I've thought of another way dealing with it ( I believe I am too dedicated to my work : the search help badi. I will have a look if it's possible to use to retrieve data from the backend on the fly... The RFC you use to retrieve source list would be usefull...

I let you know if I get anything from that idea...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we would set up the source list replication via batch job and store the SL data in SRM (not real-time RFC). Then when purchaser ready to select bidder a new selection in the drop down called R3 Source List would be selected, then the search help would be filled by the replicated EORD table (in SRM) data with join to bidder table to fill availabe bidders.

We initially started out with a vendor list strategy but found this design to be easier/quicker to develop as we were under time constraints and the SRM team including myself were not experienced with vendor lists and customizing features around VL. good luck with your design. This can definitely be accomplished.