cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

specify receiver condition on the response message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like to check a field in response message and based on that I would like to send it to one of the 2 recievers.

Can I do that without a BPM? If yes where should I mention this condition ?

thanks

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the call is synchronous, you cannot do that without a BPM. (conditional rx det)

Can you explain your scenario in detail. (may be if you can perform RFC/DB lookup, there might be a way out)

-SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its a simple synchronous scenario between

Proxy - Web service.

Based on the status code in the response message I had plans of routing it to mail receiver.

This is because I wanted to throw an alert without stoppping that message in PI.

SM, do you think there is an alternate soolution?

my last option would be...

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/25/triggering-xi-alerts-from-a-user-defined-function

Thanks,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Follow the weblog you have already specified in your last post.

In response message mapping,just use the UDF from weblog and trigger alerts.

if you want to use mail adapter specifically,then you have to specify receiver determination to mention condition and then needs to be done via BPM.

Thanks

Aamir

Edited by: Aamir Suhail on Jul 16, 2009 11:40 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't see an alternate option in your case... Take the route Aamir suggested.

But an Oulook e-mail can be triggered using FM SO_OBJECT_SEND (instead of raising PI alertinbox message using SALERT_CREATE ). (if you still don;t wanna use a BPM). But it might be lot of code to maintain in an UDF.

-Siva Maranani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aamir, I am stuck again.

We have configured alerts using CCMS. We dont have a alerts defined using ALRTCATDEF.

So, what should I enter the value for

.IP_CAT  - Alert Category created in ALRTCATDEF ( ALRTFRMWRKTEST)

Also the link provided for

Mapping Lookups RFC API

isnt working.

Please provide me with the working UDF. This one doesnt seems to be working. I am blank again

help.

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well if you don't have alert categories,then you can raise alerts by following the below blog

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/01/26/throwing-smart-exceptions-in-xi-graphical-mapping

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a look at this blog. But I want my message processing still to continue after the error message.

Currently I am not populating anything to a mandatory field there by generating error message. So I am doing the same without UDF.

But the ERP is waiting for the response based on which , it wil populatae the same on the screen.

Hence, I cannot use this solution

any other soultions?

btw, I am on PI 7.0 SP 14.

Edited by: Venkat A on Jul 16, 2009 3:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

its getting trickier and trickier:)

There is a standard function module SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1 which is used to trigger e-mail from ABAP report.

Please explore this and see if you can use it either by lookup or by ABAP mapping.

this atleast wont stop your message processing even in case of failure.Alerts on the other hand will stop message processing.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aamir.

experts, any other solutions?

thanks,

Venkat.