Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of complex tasks in VC 7.0

kiran_jakkaraju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello VC Experts

I am looking for complex tasks and workarounds for VC 7.0 technically..

that list should say , the task is possible / possible and if possible is there any workaround.

thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kiran_jakkaraju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Closing this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Most of the times complexity depends on user requirement & what is available with you. But still there are some things which i feel technically complex that i am mentioning

1. Hierarchies are difficult to built in VC & also they are not user friendly as well. There is no workaround in VC 7.0 for this.

2. When you are working with nested iviews & you are passing input from on e view to another & also you have to control visibility of it as per input then its complex task.

3. If you are integrating VC with WAD this is also complex activity but it can be done.

4. If you are using horizontal or Vertical slider as a input this is also complex but it can be done.

If you have any specific complex activity for which you are looking for workaround please tell, i will try to answer.

Regards

Sandeep

kiran_jakkaraju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep

Thank you.

We are struggling to get some workaround for these

1. We want to get the file access of local files like notepad txt stored and read the values at runtime to pass to VC

2. variants - store and retrieve user settings on runtime from VC

3. screen resolution , if the user changes his resolution, the VC dashboard should adjuest automatically to his screen size.

Thank you , if you know any of the workarounds, please let me know..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. You can not directly access local file through VC so this is not possible no workaround.

2. You can use user data operator in you VC model. In the fields (where you want variant) go to the general tab -> default values & you can right If condition Ex- If user is x & default value is ABC. like this. But this will work where number of users is less otherwise If condition will become to much complex.

3. In VC maximum Screen resolution is 1024 * 768. Upto this limit you can adjust the size. You can go to the iview properties & select the option 'Fit Both' (i.e Vertically & Horizontally). You can not adjust size if it is beyond max size limit.

Regards

Sandeep