cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROS without SRM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

my client is looking at upgrading its R/3 from 4.5 to ERP 2005 in the coming year, and also implement SRM. But before that they would like to implement Registration of Suppliers (ROS) (on their current system R/3 4.5).

Can you confirm if this is possible or not on R/3 4.5?

If so, is the configuration of the forms through the IMG on 4.5 or is there a configuration tool on ROS?

Thanks

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

ROS is a functionnality of mySAP SRM.

It is composed by a set of programs, transactions, BSP services delivered in mySAP SRM core componant: SRM Server (old BBP or EBP).

So yes, you can use ROS only, but in a separate SRM server, connected to your R/3 4.5.

in ERP 2005, SRM can be installed as an add-on on ECC, where you can use Supplier Self Service and ROS.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christophe for the quick reply.

Its interesting that it is compatible with 4.5 (albeit based off an SRM server).

Thanks for resolving my query-I've awarded you points to acknowledge this.

Regards

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

ROS allows you to self-register suppliers, using web questionnaires.

This is creating prospects in SRM business partners database. Purchaser has to approve them in SRM so they become vendors.

There is a supplier monitor in SRM to monitor created/changed suppliers and decide to replicate (manually) or not the created suppliers in R/3.

As you can see the "integration" with R/3 4.5 is really "limited" in this scenario.

I see only one integration point: when sending suppliers updates to R/3 via XI (IDOCs) (only possible for replicated supplers).

Seach previous posts on Self Registration and XI exchanges.

Rgds

Christophe

Answers (0)