Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cardinality Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For an input field,

I have created a attribute under the node.

For tat node,i have given Cardinlality as 0:1

Selection as 1:1.

It gives dump because element is not instantiated.

But when i change cardinality as 1:1 ..its wrking fine.

When does the cardinality 0:1 set?

Thanks,

Divya.S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The following values are possible for context node property CARDINALITY

1..1 : The node contains exactly one instance that must always be instantiated

0..1 : The node contains exactly one instance that does not have to be instantiated

1..n : The node can contain multiple instances and at least one of them must be instantiated

0..n : The node can contain multiple instances and none of them must be instantiated

And similarly below values are possible for SELECTION property

1..1 : Exactly one instance (table row) must be selected. It is automatically the lead selection.

0..1 : No more than one instance (table row) can be selected. It is automatically the lead selection.

1..n : Any number of instances can be selected, but at least one must be selected. One of them is the lead selection.

0..n : Any number of instances can be selected, but none must be selected. One of the selected ones is the lead selection.

In your case, CARDINALITY is 0:1 means node can contain max 1 record and it will not be INSTANCIATED by DEFAULT where as SELECTION is 1:1 which is one instance must be selected and is lead selection.

But here since it was not instanciated dut to cardinality 0:1, SELECTION(setting lead selection) gave dump. And after CARDINALTY changed to 1;1, it worked.

CARDINALITY 0;1 can be used when SELECTION is not mandatory, that is 0:1

Regards,

Manne.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you have selected the cardinality as 0..1 for the mentioned attribute that means that either none or single element will be instantiated at runtime.

But regarding selection you have given it as 1..1 that means at runtime exactly one element will be selected.

In your case since no element is instantiated at runtime, so no selection will be made but since you have given the selection to be 1..1 this will throw an error.

Hope this will help.

Regards

Shruti