cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Library DC reference EAR?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an EAR which contains Value objects and EJB's. I have a Web Dynpro application that utilizes the EJB's and the VO's. I've also developed some generic routines within the Web Dynpro application that work with the VO's (and the Context) that I would like to share with other applications.

I moved the helper routines into a java DC, and created a library DC to hold the java DC. A build and runtime reference between the Web Dynpro app and the Java DC/Library DC allows the Werb Dynpro app to build and deploy (and using the Classloader viewer shows the dependencies are correct).So far, so good. However, I'm unable to set a runtime reference between the library DC and the EAR so I can access the Value objects.

I've setup a DC usage to the ear, but no public parts are presented since it's an EAR, hence the usage is ignored.

ow can I accomplish what I'm trying to do? Or, am I hooped?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

your analysis is not quite correct: Runtime and deploytime dependencies should point to the whole DC, public parts are typically the target of buildtime-dependencies.

If you set a runtime dependency from a "J2EE Server Component / Library" to an "J2EE / Enterprise Application" then this dependency is ignored because at runtime the server does not allow libraries to reference applications. It's only the other way around.

Best regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just moved the code into the EAR. Problem solved.