cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: connection closed without message

0 Kudos

Hi

I am posting an error I get, for which I have seen several posts already but none with a documented solution.

I have an HTTP -> XI -> RFC scenario

I have loaded a BAPI from the backend R/3 (4.6C) in XI. All is working fine, in SXMB_MONI the messages is succesful, bu it fails when RFC adapter tries to call the receiver adapter to call the BAPI

I have remote enabled FM etc, I think the error lies in the RFC receiver adapter definition, but I can't see where I have it wrong.

hostname, system number, user, pass, etc. are set correctly. It must be something else.

Here is the exact adapter error:

Delivery of the message to the application using connection RFC_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: JCO.Exception while executing ZBAPI_SET_IDOC_STATUS:com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: connection closed without message (CM_NO_DATA_RECEIVED): com.sap.aii.af.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: JCO.Exception while executing ZBAPI_SET_IDOC_STATUS:com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: connection closed wi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

0 Kudos

I am beginning to believe that RFC receiver adapter from XI 7.0 (unicode) to R/3 4.6C (non-unicode) is not working.

0 Kudos

Yes I have seen this one. I said in the beginning, there are several posts for this error, but none with solution...

0 Kudos

Yes Ravi, thats what I think too. Yes I can login with these parameters. It's really a puzzle....

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Loukas,

I have had alook at couple of other threads with the same/similar issues but they ended up in a dead-end.

One guy said he was able to solve but, did not mention how..:(

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

In the RFC destination I created for IDOC adapter (I still don't know if this is the one that the RFC receiver adapter is using) I have a "system" user (not dialog) with SAP_ALL

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Loukas,

I do not see any field where we enter the RFC Destination in RFC receiver adapter configuration.

I think XI uses the details provided in the RFC adapter configuration to enter into the backend sap system.

Check if you are able to login to the R/3 system using the system details that you provide in the RFC adapter config.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Aamir

I am still wondering which RFC is this. Therr is an ABAP RFC destination created in XI for accessing R/3, because I also use IDOCs. This RFC works, but really I don't know if the RFC receiver is using this one.

First of all how does it know it exists and second why do you have to define the RFC client connection parameters in the adapter then, you could just enter the RFC destination, no?

Ravi

yes the FM posts OK in R/3 if I use the payload parameters as input. The problem is that the FM is not called at all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope you are using correct RFC user in RFC destination or in RFC communication channel. Can you pls. check the user has authorization to run RFC function module on R/3.

Thanks,

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

I m sure you would have checked it but just to confirm,could you please check the connection between XI and R/3 system via the RFC destination you have configured in SM59

Thanks

Aamir

0 Kudos

Yes it is, sure.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Loukas,

Are you able to run the rfc function module using the same test data within SAP R/3 succesfully?

Can you check ST22 transaction if there is any short dump in running this function module?

If it runs sucessfully, does it return a non empty table?

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi

If you mean the payload, yes it has a correct RFC structure

<rfc:ZBAPI_SET_IDOC_STATUS>

<FP_IDOC>0000000005286014</FP_IDOC>

<FP_STANEU>41</FP_STANEU>

<FP_STATUS>53</FP_STATUS>

</rfc:ZBAPI_SET_IDOC_STATUS>

The message goes OK for the following:

16:51:07 Success MP: Entering module processor

16:51:07 Success MP: Processing local module localejbs/RfcAFBean

16:51:07 Success RFC adapter received a synchronous message. Attempting to send sRFC for ZBAPI_SET_IDOC_STATUS

16:51:07 Success RFC adapter received a synchronous message. Attempting to send sRFC for J2EE_GUEST

and then fails with the error I poster earlier

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sure you must have checked this...but can you pls. confirm again that "ZBAPI_SET_IDOC_STATUS" is RFC enabled function mdodule. If you go to attribute of the function module-- under procesing type select RFc enabled module.

Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Nilesh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in RWB open the message that your RFC channel is trying to deliver...click on the MessageId in the Receiver RFC CC log.....

confirm that there is a valid RFC structure present with the required data...