cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External debugging is not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could you please tell me, Is there any settings needs to be maintained to do external debuggind, I have put the external debugging point in the gui ( let say in Check Badi ) but when i did the action "Check" from the srm portal , the badi is not triggered it happening every objects.

Kindly tell me how to resolve

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My self i have analyzed , its because of the role issue am not able to debugg.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please do the following.

1) Go to SM51. check if the instance in which the breakpoint is placed is the same as the instance of the UI.

2) Remove IP Matching from external debugging setting in SAP GUI->utilities->setting->debugging

3) Check session point active immediately.

4) open a new instance of the document.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Azad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the following :

1 / External debugging is activated for a particular user. When you had a breakpoint it should be displayed at the bottom of the screen. Breakpoint will only starts for this particular user.

2 / If your system is clustered (meaning there's several physical servers with a web dispatcher), please check that the server on which you are connected in the SAP GUI (from which you create a breakpoint) is the same as the one you connect from the web. You will need the physical IP (not the web dispatcher one).

There might also be some security settings (as debugging may be restricted in production environment) but I believe you get a proper error message then...

Hope that helps.