cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Mapping: Douplicate Nodes of source XML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do some message mapping in the design. I've loaded a test XML into the test tab to actually see what's going on in my mapping. A piece of it looks like the following snippet (the REFERENCE element is also embedded in a whole bunch of other elements and yes, its correct, that AUTHOR and YEAR elements appear nested in themselves):

<REFERENCE>
  <set>
    <AUTHOR>
      <AUTHOR>Test Author 1</AUTHOR>
    </AUTHOR>
    <YEAR>
      <YEAR>2000</YEAR>
    </YEAR>
  </set>
  <set>
    <AUTHOR>
      <AUTHOR>Test Author 2</AUTHOR>
    </AUTHOR>
    <YEAR>
      <YEAR>2001</YEAR>
    </YEAR>
  </set>
</REFERENCE>

I've placed the lowest AUTHOR element in the design pane, I right click it, set the context to "AUTHOR" (the surrounding AUTHOR element obviously), an then click on "Show queue" I get all AUTHOR elements double. I.e. I get "Test Author 1" twice and "Test Author 2" twice.

Ok, I thought probably something I don't understand concerning contexts, so I added "removeContexts" after the AUTHOR node. Surprise: I get "Test Author 1" once and "Test Author 2" twice when I click on "Show queue" on "removeContexts".

As this behaviour is getting worse, the more mapping steps I arrange in a chain, the mapping becomes quite useless, until I can resolve this issue...

Anybody an idea, why my "Test Authors" get listed twice and why "removeContexts" doesn't work as expected?

Tnx,

Martin.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will see the value in queue twice for AUTHOR because the first one in white is the actual value and the second one in gray is the context change. Similarly when you do remove context and see the queue, you will see TestAuthor1 Test Author2 and again TestAuthor2 which is the context.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uh, you're all so fast in answering

Jepp, got it! Thanks for answerig!

Regards,

Martin.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi .Let me try to understand if you can see the AUTHOR twice in two color (white and gray) so don't worry because is the context change. Try againg and check the results..

Regards,

Luis