cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Mapping table Transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone tell me that whats the best way to transport Value Mapping Group ? What does SAP recommend ?

Or

We can just go to Prod and QA and do enter value directly..

regards

Inder

Edited by: Kulwinder Grewal on Jul 16, 2009 2:34 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just do the normal export and select the mode. Then in the select objects, go to individual objects and now in the select a type you will find Value Mapping Group. You need to just export that.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

I am going to same thing. I will just change my question.

Whatz the best way to synchronize the Value Mapping tables in all environment when you have different values in all Dev,QA and Prod. The data in Prod is correct.

Regards

Inder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whatz the best way to synchronize the Value Mapping tables in all environment when you have different values in all Dev,QA and Prod. The data in Prod is correct.

Can anyone please let me know about it ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestion plzzzz....

Former Member
0 Kudos

synchronize the Value Mapping tables in all environment when you have different values in all Dev,QA and Prod

Why do you want to synchronize when values are different in the landscapes??? did you mean when values are same u waana have them in sync ?

-SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Actuyally i mean to say that i should have same values in all the environments.

Actually people use to enter value directly into production system earlier(and did not enter it in QA and Dev), i just want same values to be present in dev and qa also.

Whatz the best way to do it ?

Thanks

Inder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Backexport your .tpz files for Value Mapping (as value mapping groups) from PRD to QA & DEV.

There is no automatic synchronization for it across landscapes.

OR Need to maintain them manually.

-SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siva,

i am gng to back import the data from Prod.. I have just one doubt.

If i have two entries 1and 2 in Val map table which belongs to group id suppose Z in prod.

I have entry 1 in Dev which belongs to group id Y.

If i move group Z to Dev (contains both 1 and 2). What will be the impact ? In which group i will find my value 1 (Y or Z)? Will XI consider Group Id for transport or it just pass the data ?

Thanks

inder

Edited by: Kulwinder Grewal on Jul 16, 2009 6:24 PM

abhijitbolakhe
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

Transport all your value mappings to QA for the first time only.

if any additions to value mapping export only newly created mappings.

If you export all the value mappings again to QA..it will not overwrite the previous records..

it will create duplicate records..

so avoid transporting for the second time for full export.

Abhijit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

When we try to import it from Prod to Dev. If the value already exist and the group name is different XI will not allow us to activate it.

Solution :

1) Delete everything in QA and Dev and import all the tables from Production. Use file transport rather than manual entry.

2) - Option - Synchronize everyhting manually and use file transport in future. never edit tables directly in future.

Thanks to all for views.

Regards

Inder

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Can anyone tell me that whats the best way to transport Value Mapping Group ? What does SAP recommend ?

you can tranport them from ID directly - as standard export of objects from ID

DEV - Q

then

DEV - PRD

just like with other transports

>>>We can just go to Prod and QA and do enter value directly..

if they values differ between landscapes then you need to enter directly

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

When we enter any value in Value Mapping table it generates a group id. so if we enter 10 values we have 10 Group Id's to transport. is that right or we have some other way also.

I am thinking of moving all Group ids from production to QA and Dev for synchronization using file transport.. is that right thing to do ? what precaution should i take while doing that ?

regards

Inder