Interpretation Algorithms Electronic Bank Statement

I am trying to configure EBS in order to clear the documents in posting area 1 (GL).

The approach is:

- to upload the electronic bank statement and clear the clearing account automatically (posting area 1)

I have set the interpretation algorithms '001' expecting that if the EBS document appears BELNR or XBLNR the program would be able to find the the corresponding accounting document and clear the clearing account.

It is not working and I think all is correctly configured. My questions are:

- are those algorithms just for clearing in the posting area 2 (Ap or AR) or could be used in posting area 1 (GL) as well? In the testing that I am doing it seems that the only criteria that is using clearing in area 1 (GL) is the amount and not BELNR neither XBLNR.

- if I set in customizing to posting rule to post and clear in the GL account; EBS items not cleared are not posted and needs to be post manually in FEBA. Is there any possibility to post not cleared items although the system could not clear them?

Thanks in advance

For the XBLNR range in FF_5, have you tried a blank value instead of "1" for the "from" value? As I've said, I've only worked with algorithm 121 for XBLNR values, not 001. But we are able to process XBLNR values with less than 16 characters. However, in the EBS import, for the XBLNR range, we have the "from" value set to blank (and the "to" value set to "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ").

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer