cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store documents in Content Server using OAOR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have installed Content Server 6.40 on windows and successfully created the repository using CSADMIN and linked with archive link (OAC0). Everything is fine and all the post installation steps show green and successful.

We need to store attachments (documents) using the transaction OAOR and the same need to be stored in the Content Server repository that we have created.

Appreciate if you could kindly let us know the steps to do the linking with the OAOR transaction with the content server repository.

We use a Business object called "BUS1001006" (Class Name) and "BO" as the Class Type. We give a material to the Object Key.

How can we map this to the Content repository to go and store the documents in the repository?

Appreciate all your kind inputs and thanks a lot in advance.

Thanks and Regards

Kushan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Raj,

OAOR is finding busines document, which are linked from tc-OAWD --check in document.

so, i think u created document type for your business object in define documnet ttype in Archive linking.

EX, BUS1001006-Document type is "ZXYZ".

Then u have to Do 'EDIT link' this object to be linkied with table 'TOA01' same time here u have to link content repository ex: MA, which u created. this should be 2 Character size.

next uhave to set work flow, in 'Use Document Types Customizing Wizard' or manually.

I think u have to choose storage senarios, according ssenaros the work flow executes in OAWD.

i hope according to post u have done thease things, if not please check.

goto OAWD, u will get your document 'which is same what u given document description'

here u add original file like "pdf", then system prompts to business object document number, ie depends on your businees object.

Make sure Work flow task numbers, depends on work flow the system prompts for nex.

Benakaraj

??P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benakaraj,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Is it really required to create workflow for this? We can just straight away attach images and other things using the transaction OAOR but it doesn't go and store the files in the Content server repository. This is my requirement.

Once again Thanks a lot.,..

Thanks and Regards

Kushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

acuall procedure is that.

u can select storage senarios like,

1. Store and enter

2. store and enter subsequent assignment, these to for 'if u incorporate Bar code funtionality' then u have to use this options during workflow settings. workflow is 'TS 30001128 ' for both 1 & 2.

3. store and assign, this is u can use in your case, work flow is 'TS 30001117'

4. store and subsequent assighnement, this requres tow peron activity. one stores, and other assigns.

note 2. also two person activity. 'TS 30001117'

5.assign and store. this is one person activity, u can use this also. 'TS 30001117'

further read this url for storage senarios.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/EN/5e/566039b85f9443e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Benakaraj

??P

Former Member
0 Kudos

This area is called ArchiveLink. The correct storage area is OAWD although you can store from OAOR.

The configuration areas required to store here are found in:

OAC0

OAC2

OAC3

OAD5

OAA3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Athol,

Thanks a lot for the great answer. I followed the sequence given by you.

I have 2 questions.

1) When I go to TS : OAWD i just see a text line saying "Default settings" but its a black screen. I cannot perform any action using that particulate transaction. its says "Function Not Possible"

2) How can I check whether the documents that I have uploaded (attached) to the transaction OAOR has gone to the Content Server repository ? Is there a way to check what is there inside the repository ?

Once again I truly appreciate all your great answers as I really need a solution for this problem.

Thanks and Regards

Kushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to configure it to appear for different users in OAD5 or you won't see anything in OAWD. OAWD is a configuration wizard, in the final steps it will ask you to specify the method (assign then store, store then assign, etc) and the users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Athol,

Your answer was really helpful. I was managed to upload documents using OAWD to the content server.

But still I'm not been able to upload documents to the content server using OAOR or MM02 like transactions. Can I make the default location as the Content repository even for MM02 and OAOR like transactions ?. Documents that I upload using those transactions just go to the application server but it doesn't go to the repository.

Appreciate if you could help me to get that problem also solved.

Thanks and Regards

Kushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to use the "Store business document" option in generic object services to store documents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Athol,

Thanks a lot for the reply. You have helped me a lot in this situation and I'm really thankful to you. I'm giving you full points and thanks a lot once again.

Thanks and Regards

Kushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj/Benaka Rajes,

I have seen your post which matches my requirement and seen that ur solution has been resolved...

Some of the questions whichmay trigger. to you before you understand my requirement...

1. What type of data are you migrating? I.e. ArchiveLink, DMS or Data Archiving

Answer: We are migrating the DMS data which may contain documents(any type) and Imaging.

2. What is the method for the current storage. I.e. RFC or HTTP. If its HTTP its much easier, if its RFC, then there is more work to be done to convert from RFC to HTTP.

Answer: Current Storage method is HTTP.

Our requirement is 'Migrating of the existing data sources from E-Library, File Server and Auto CAD server(present Client third part servers) to the SAP Content repository(Content server).

Could any help me a sample program or guide lines how can start coding with some steps since i am not getting how and where to start the code.

Requirement was to automate the migration process by creating a Custom Program to update all the documents from different servers to Content Repository(Content Server).

Its very imp to solve .

Could you help me ....

Thanks

Satish

Edited by: vysyaraju satish raju on Sep 11, 2009 10:39 AM

Answers (0)