cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

versioning for dms in portal knowledge management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could you please help me in this as we have deployed the dms connectors and able to see the repository for dms

in repository managers next what all the steps need to be done in order to make the version functionality available

in portal. please help me in this

Regards,

Shilpa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

goto,

SPRO, Cross-Application Components->Document Management>Control Data>Define Document Types

select document type ot which u want versioning functionality Set flag to 'version Assgmt' and set in same screen version incriment ex, 1, u have option 1 to 8 also user exit.

also set flag to 'Use Kpro'

this is prerequisit from SAP DMS side.

Benakaraj

??P

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Can you please tell me detailly what needs to be done in order to get the dms functionality in km

i depoyed the connectors through sdm into portal now, what r the necessary steps to be taken

to get the functionality of dms in portal

our portal version is ep 7.0 sp16

Regards,

Shilpa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The DMS connector for KM is a display connector only. You would need to implement DMS iviews to change documents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please tell me what should be modified

As we have already deployed the connectors for DMS and i have created a repostiory manager for dms

and while iam preview the iview getting error like

System Error

An exception occurred during the program execution. Below you will find technical information pertaining to this exception that you might want to forward to your system administrator.

Exception Class: class com.sap.netweaver.bc.rf.common.exception.IOOperationFailedException

Exception Message: Connection Failed: Connection setup failedConnection Failed: Nested Exception. Failed to get connection. Please contact your admin

please help me in this

Regards,

Shilpa

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_deuter
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you please give me some technical information and links on the DMS repository connector ? I can't find any documents on this. We try to implement DMS by iView just for viewing access in out SAP Netweaver Portal 7.31.

Regards,

Markus