Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI Handling unit creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to create handling unit number using bapi

BAPI_HU_CREATE.

I am able to create the handling unit number.

The problem arises in - no entry is getting created in line item table VEPO for the new handling unit number generated.

Anybody having idea why no entry is getting created in VEPO table.

Also, would like to know i want to update the inbound delivery with the new handling unit number generated.

For that i am planning to use FM "WS_DELIVERY_UPDATE".

Is this is the right approach to update the inbound delivery with this FM.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Tarun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tarun

We just hit the same problem over the last week end. SAP clearly does not guarantee the functionality of WS_DELIVERY_UPDATE going forward. So, we quickly wrote a BDC to update the delivery with the handling unit information.

VL02n being a enjoy transaction might have issues in a BDC, so we wrote a BDC for VL02 and updated the handling units and also allocated the materials to the handling units.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Can you please explain about the functionality of FM

WS_DELIVERY_UPDATE why SAP does not guarantee.

Also, i am trying to update the handling unit number in inbound delivery VL32N.

Is this FM works for inbound delivery.

Please let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tarun,

Here is the text from SAP Note - 581282

You want to generate or change handling units for a delivery. You have planned to use the BAPIs for business object "Handling unit" for this purpose. (For example BAPI_HU_CREATE, BAPI_HU_DELETE, BAPI_HU_PACK, BAPI_HU_REPACK, BAPI_HU_UNPACK). Since these modules do not make updates on delivery, these cannot be used for packing in the delivery.

In the same way it is not possible to pack deliveries with function modules of function group V51E (HU_CREATE_ITEM, HU_CREATE_ONE_HU, HU_DELETE_HU, HU_REPACK, HU_UNPACK).

If possible, the packing of the delivery should occur via IDOC DELVRY03 (WHSCON). If this also is not possible, function module WS_DELIVERY_UPDATE can be used. Please note, however, that this function module is not released for customers. That is, it is subjected to changes via SAP. In case of changes it is possible that your program which uses this function module, does not run anymore after importing of a Support Package and that is is necessary to change your program.

More options are currently not available.

<b> That is why I am recommending not to use the function but to have a BDC on the non-enjoy transaction. </b>.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers