cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inheritance for pictures not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

we have a product catalogue with pictures. The pictures are imported with an excel file (the name of the picture).

The first language of the repository is English, the second German, then French and Italian.

Unfortunately after importing (in each language separately) the language details of the record show that the first language is German (there is no frame around the picture) and for ALL other languages the pictures have a red frame (the value is from a secondary inherited language).

Normally the English picture should have no frame and all others should have a green frame (the value is from a primary inherited language).

What is the reason for that?

The big problem is that in the Portal only German is shown as all other languages get the value from a secondary inherited language (the Portal does not show those values or pictures).

Thanks a lot for your help.

Kind regards,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198313
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Are you importing Images for all the languages ?

are they same images only for all languages ?

Which is the first language and last language data you are importing ?

Normally the English picture should have no frame and all others should have a green frame (the value is from a primary inherited language).

The English, German, French and Italian languages are secondary languages only for each other. Englsih [US] and Englsih [UK] are the primary inherited languages to each other.

You might be publishing or viewing the portal data in Germqn languages only.

MDM only publishes the data of primary inheritance and not of secondary inheritance.

for more info

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/e0fdddb4310a29e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

+ An

• This is not an official message and not related to my organization.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello An,

thanks for your answer.

To your questions:

1. Yes, I import the pictures for all languages.

2. Yes, same images for all languages.

3. First language is English and last language is Norwegian.

But let me summarize: we have two kinds of images: pictures and symbols (both are linked to the table images). For the symbols everything runs fine while importing, for the pictures not - despite the pictures are imported in the same file and are linked to the same table images.

Any help? Maybe it is a bug in the inheritance.

Kind reagrds,

Peter

former_member198313
Contributor
0 Kudos

fine, let me check myself and come back to you.

by the time, hope other might help you out.

+ An