Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2LIS_11_VAITM Recordmode to X in ODS records

claudio_ciardelli2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem with one ODS receiving records from several InfoSources.

One of these is 2LIS_11_VAITM. Some of the records loaded from this InfoSource apepar in the ODS with RECORDMODE = 'X'. As some of the key figures (such as CML_ORD_QTY) are negative, I believe the last update that was received from the 2LIS_11_VAITM InfoSource was marked as a 'before Image' record.

This is very strange in the case of my ODS, because when I check the corresponding sales order in the R/3 system, I only see changes and no deletions.

My theory about this is that for some reason during the loading of data to the ODS, the after image is read before the before image. If this happens, then the sales order item record would be set to RECORDMODE = X and keyfigures would be negative.

If this is the case, how can I ensure that records are processed in the correct order?

Could someone give me some advice on this?

Claudio Ciardelli

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Have you checked if there are any changes in Key figueres in SAP R/3 system . The negative key figures must be the effect of the changes . Please look for all records .

claudio_ciardelli2
Participant
0 Kudos

The negative key figures appear as positive in the Sales Order Item in R/3. Also, the Item is not deleted as indicated in the ODS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudio,

I don't understand your issue with the record mode here. A recordmode 'X' will be a before image with reversed keyfigures to put the original record (recordmode 'N') to zero. In the same request you must see a after image with the new values of the record. A deletion will only happen with recordmode 'D'. So if you are missing the after image, it will be deleted somewhere in your data flow or there is a bug in your system.

regards

Siggi

claudio_ciardelli2
Participant
0 Kudos

After cehcking the Delta Queue in R/3 for 2LIS_11_VAITM

I think the reason for my problem is that when Sales Order Items are being modified, the 'after image' is placed in the queue before the 'before image'.

I have found several instances of that in the current delta queue.

For a given Sales Order Item with 17 items, there are 4 for which the second record sent in the DeltaQ is the one with the field 'Indicator: Cancellation of data record' set to X whereas I believe it should be the first one.

Is there no guarantee in an extractor that the before image is sent BEFORE the after image?

I will be able to check tomorrow if these delta records sent with after image before the before image are the cause of the error in the ODS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any solution found?

Does 'Update type' matter (ie: Addition vs Overwrite?)

Thanks,

Nick

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudio,

Did you find any solution to this problem ??

Regards,

Den

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look at Note: 440679.

Might be useful in your case.

Regards,

SB