cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

out of date map

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting an error out of date map because of an undefined element<fieldx> in my import map.

But this<fieldx> is not holding any value.

What should i do?

Thanks

Simran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simran,

Apart from the SAP note mentioned by Ankur, please follow the below link:

[]

This error ususally comes when your importing process is automatic. This problem usually occurs with XML files because the XML source that gives the structural error when importing, contains an element which had not been part of the original XML that was used for generation of the original map. Since this element is not defined as mandatory in the XSD the Import Manager could open it with no schema conflict. But since the source file contains a new element the Save Update option must be applied to add this new element to the map definition.

I hope I am able to help you.

Thanks & Regards

Dilmit Chadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilmit,

Thanks

So if i just add this element and save update the map will it solve my problem.

Or i need to also Map this added element.

As i do not want to map it as its not holding any values.

Thanks

Simran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simran,

There are two ways to overcome this issue:

1. As mentioned in the SAP note 1290407, you need to create an input file which contains all permutations of

elements across all the input files the elements and use this to create the map and save the map after mapping all the required fields.

2. Open the Import Manager GUI and choose a number of files together (the more files you open, the better your map will be).Map all the required fields and values and then use the "Save Update" option to save your changes. Open Console and update the same map for the ports also. Doing this it wont ask for save update for the this element again.

You should now be able to import all of the files as well as other files that do not have new unmapped elements.

I hope I am able to help you.

Thanks & Regards

Dilmit Chadha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SImran

You usually face this issue when the Map is very recently changed and the MDIS doesn't know that you've changed the Map.

In SAP MDM 5.5 I have observed that the MDIS does not update the port on which the map is set as automatic.

Please restart the MDIS and try again. This will surely solve your issue.

Best Regards,

former_member198313
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Simran,

try Sap Note 1290407.

+ An

• This is not an official message and not related to my organization.