Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes in Master & Derived role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

In my oganization i have the concept of Master and derived roles.Master roles have all the organization elements as * and other data as *.

A derived roles corresponding to the master role has; its defined organization elements.and different documents types

For eg.

Master role

Z_1000 Company * Company code * Purchasing group * Document types *

Derived role

Z_1000_1100 Comapny 1100 Comapny code 1100 Purchasing group ZPRG Document types ZDSC

But when i add a tcode in the master role it changes some data in the derived roles.If i add a Tcode in it ; then Comapny;Company code; Profit center data in derived role is same ; but it changes all the data of Purchasing grp ; Document types as * irrespective of the present data fed in the derived roles.

Please suggesst

Regards

Praveen dhankar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> But when i add a tcode in the master role it changes some data in the derived roles.If i add a Tcode in it ; then Comapny;Company code; Profit center data in derived role is same ; but it changes all the data of Purchasing grp ; Document types as * irrespective of the present data fed in the derived roles.

I suspect the latter two are not organizational levels in your system. In that case, the behaviour you describe is expected.

2 REPLIES 2

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> But when i add a tcode in the master role it changes some data in the derived roles.If i add a Tcode in it ; then Comapny;Company code; Profit center data in derived role is same ; but it changes all the data of Purchasing grp ; Document types as * irrespective of the present data fed in the derived roles.

I suspect the latter two are not organizational levels in your system. In that case, the behaviour you describe is expected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help; solved the problem as org levels element doesnot change.