Broadcast by E-mail in excel format
I am trying to broadcast a workbook trough e-mail via Tr. Code RSRT.
Is there any way to broadcast the workbook in EXCEL format? Maybe CSV format? In Information Broadcasting I have only HTML, MHTML, and Online link for output formats.
I am using BI 7.0 SP21, SAP GUI 7.10 SP13, Excel 2007, and BEX 7.0 SP.9.
Please advice if there is a way to broadcast the workbook in Excel format. If i open the workbook in Bex, and then I hit Bex Broadcaster button, nothing happens.
Ioan Petre Danalache replied
The posts made by Elena were made by me (from her computer). Now I have my own S-user.
Finally we solved the problem and I will put here the steps that we made to broadcast workbooks (in excel format) by email.
My landscape is like this: SAP BW 7.0, DB2 database, windows 2003 Server, SAP Gui 7.10 SP 14, Office 2003 and 2007 (the broadcasting works fine in both versions of Office), SAP BI 7.10.
1. Setup SAP Mail via tranzaction SCOT.
2. Install the latest patches for the Bex Analyzer (bi710sp09p_902-10004472.exe).
3. Install the lastest patch for Precalculation Server (xPreCalServer09_1-10004472.exe).
I had the same issue with the blank excel sheet, it was solved installing those patches (the patches must be at the same level to receive an excel filled with data).
4. in BW, transaction RSPRECADMIN, create a new precalculation server (i have installed the precalculation server on a machine with win2k3 and it works fine)
5. When you test the Precalc. Server, make sure you put in the "workbook" field the ID of the workbook. The sistem is sensitive to the name of the workbook (max. 25 Characters). You cand find the ID of the workbook in Bex Analyzer, choose the workbook and hit Properties button.
6. Define a Background Job via SM36 with the program RS_PREC_PLAN. Before that you define a variant of the RS_PREC_PLAN, in which you setup what workbook to be calculated.
7. Have Phun !!!