cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cProjects Controlling Area determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to ask a very basic question here.

When we create a project in cProjects how does the controlling area and company code gets assigned? Means where exectly in SPRO do we define that?

We do not mention the Controlling area etc. in the Project Type in customizing, the way we do in project profile for PS. I understand that the Org. Responsible being mentioned in the additional tab of the project definition might determine the controlling area etc. as well but when we do not mention the Org. responsible how does it do so?

I would also like to point out that when we transfer a cProjects project to PS and the same gets transferred as displayed in the Accounting tab--> Account assignment page, how does it pick up the project profile in PS? when I transfer a Project from cProjects, it takes a PS Project profile in ERP and the Controlling area etc. are already defined as per the requirement.

Please suggest. I know this is a basic quetion but I am a little confused here.

Thanks and best regards,

Bubul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

PS profile is fixed. It is always CPR0001

Former Member
0 Kudos

A BADI is available in the ERP to change the PS profile according to your rules: IAOM_BUSINESS_SCENAR, method CHANGE_PROJECT_PROFILE.

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I noticed that PS Profile is fixed as per my earlier information as well, but could you be a little elaborate about the whole assignment and picking. read- how do we fix the PS profile for the cProjects?

Thanks and best regards,

Bubul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

I had a look at the BADI you mentioned and understand the answer.

Thanks a lot for the promt reply.

Regards,

Bubul

Answers (0)