cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Build Logon Module not Loaded in IBM NetWeaver Infrastructure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi together,

I have a strange behaviour at our clinets side. I have developed a custom logon module that does an authenticaion to an LDAP system, although the NetWeaver Portal (2004s SP18) is configured to use an ABAP system as a user store.

The Logonmodule works fine in an Windows Oracle environment. But as we have moved it to the IBM AIX DB2 environment there ist some strange behaviour. The configuration has been tripple checked to be the same as in the Windows based system.

The logon screen is show on content that is configured to use the new authscheme. But the authentication istelf fails with "Invalid null input: name". This can be seen in the security log. But unfortunately there is no other log information written anywhere. I have crawled the default trace for any inormation the logon module could produce, but without any success.

I have implemented multiple log outputs in the module which all show up correctly in the windows installation. But nothing appears in the IBM installation. There is not even an error like (Class not found or Class Cast Exception) that usually occur in case the logon module is not configured correctly. There is no trace of the execution of the module. Except the statement in the security log there is no evidence and log information written.

That leads me to the conclusion that the login module is not even started.

This is not the first login module I have developed and I have to be sure followed the SAP How-To instructions published in SDN.

I already have a support message open, but no response yet.

Thank you for your replies.

Best Regards Nicolas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

it seems the tutorial was not updated. The XML tag mentioned in this turorial to modify the authschemes.xml is not valid anymor. Unfortunately the portal does not issue an exception in this case.

The unsupported XML Tag

loginModuleName

Best Regards Nicolas

kai_unewisse3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

try this :

<authschemes>

<!-- authschemes, the name of the node is used -->

<authscheme name="uidpwdlogon">

<!-- multiple login modules can be defined -->

<loginmodule>

<loginModuleName>com.sap.security.core.logon.imp.CertLoginModule</loginModuleName>

<controlFlag>SUFFICIENT</controlFlag>

<options>

</options>

</loginmodule>

<loginmodule>

<loginModuleName>com.sap.security.core.logon.imp.DefaultLoginModule</loginModuleName>

<!-- specifying whether this LoginModule is REQUIRED, REQUISITE, SUFFICIENT, or OPTIONAL -->

<controlFlag>REQUISITE</controlFlag>

<options>

</options>

</loginmodule>

<priority>21</priority>

<!-- the frontendtype TARGET_FORWARD = 0, TARGET_REDIRECT = 1, TARGET_JAVAIVIEW = 2 -->

<frontendtype>2</frontendtype>

<!-- target object -->

<frontendtarget>com.sap.portal.runtime.logon.default</frontendtarget>

</authscheme>

</authschemes>

</authschemes>