Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM + Live cache

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we are planning to install SCM Server version 5.0 with live cache server ,

please help on connectivity with Live cache server

In SCm 4 it is inbuit , does we require separate Live cache server for any SCm Version

We are stuck on this ,

please help

Thanks & Regds

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish

Yes, you would need a seperate server for Live Cache, we just completed installation of SCM 5.1 with LiveCache 7.7

Install the Live Cache 7.7 as per the install guide (This is MAX DB not Oracle) or the version you need on a seperate server.

You can do this install before you install SCM system, when you are in the install process of SCM system it will prompt you to enter LiveCache details. Or if you wish you can do it later.

IMP: There will not be any GUI to start and stop Live Cache alone, start and stop of Live Cache happens from SCM system using the transaction LC10.

Once both systems are up and running, use LC10 from SCM system to complete the post install steps and complete the configuration. DO NOT GET CONFUSED WITH POST INSTALLTION PART in the Live Cache install guide, these should be done from SCM system.

Backups: You need seperate backups for SCM and for LCA (Standard SAP naming convention for LiveCache Database)

Hope this helps. Let me know if you understand this.

Thanks

JS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a Lot JS for Your help ,

But when we install the SCm and Live cache separately , is there any coonectvity between them,

Secondly I have installed SCM 4.1 , It ask for Live cache CD , and we installed that , when I run LC10 Choose LCA database Connecions , Connect , It is showing Db erorr,

Secondly If possible can you give your Contact No so that I can Disuss with you

Please help me

Thanks & Regds

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

How was the Live Cache install done? Did you use same physical server??

Connectivity between Live Cache and APO is established via the trasaction LC10 itself. Please read thru the Post Installation from Live Cache Install Guide.

I am not able to give you my contact. I shall update my profile.

Thanks

JS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JS,

While Doing the installation of SCM 4.1 version , it ask for Live cache details , which I have Given that , It was on the same server.

But my Question is that if SAP SCM Software is having inbuilt Live Cache , then what is the requiremnet of having separate Live cache

Please help me on this.

Thanks & Regds

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish

Here is the conflict. The base install of SCM requires Oracle DB, where as Live Cache runs on MaxDB. Hence there would be a need for seperate server.

When you are installing SAP SCM system, that installation is on Oracle 10.2 version.

Thanks

JS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JS

I almost got your point , Please let me Know when we install live cache Server on separate machine , is it necessary to install maxdb database software or not ,

Secondly Please le us Know what is the Process of taking the Backup and Recovery Process in Live cache

Please also let me Know what is the Porcess of Generating the Data in Live cache memory.

as per the Post Installation steps , first data is loaded into memory , after initialing the live cache.

Please help

thanks & Regds

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you are installing live Cache, it is MAXDB. You do not install Max DB before LiveCache.

Taking a backup of LiveCache is from DB13 from APO system. Select LCA and create a backup job.

Just perform all the Post Steps. Thats all is required.

Thanks

JS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Our SAP SCM 5.1 installation, which includes a maxdb and an oracle 10g database, is installed on the same physical server (HPUX). I am trying to configure an offline backup for both environments. Can someone please point me to some documentation or procedures that references performing offline backups in my type of configuration? I would think I would need to take maxdb offline to perform an offline backup of oracle, and the same when performing an offline backup of maxdb. I have googled this to death and cannot seem to find anything. Your help will be extremely appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have small doubt about this.. is it possible to install Live Cache in SCM 5.0 with Windows _64x bit.

any one please suggest me.

regards,

balaram